Close
One second...

Cracker Barrel

Watch this
[+duracell-]

hahaha, I really don't understand the fascination with this place many seem to have.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

CRACKER BARREL IS SO LIGHT AND TASTY [+DURACELL-]!!!!! YOU CAN HAVE WHOLESOME FIXIN'S OR FANCY FIXIN'S!!!!

[+duracell-]

I CAN HAS FLUORESCENT EGGS, GRITS, AND COUNTRY FRIED STEAK SMOTHERED IN SAWMILL GRAVY!! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!

man.. I need to write more yelp reviews. There are some real gems on that site.

Thomas Orrow

The sad truth is that I've never actually been to one, as they don't have them in Thailand. They must be good though (according to Carol anyways).

I think the English equivalent might be a Berni Inn.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

they're decent. a good breakfast meal i would say.

Thomas Orrow

:) I've only ever had Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Burger King and McDonalds.

Say a prayer for us starving folk in Thailand.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
jeffreyg said:

they're decent. a good breakfast meal i would say.

yep - I think every country should have restaurants like this, I miss them - A LOT. (hahaa them capslock people) I'm not a fan of cracker barrel specifacly just the style of restaurant and food. There are others just as good or better, like bob evens or pancake house or ... can't think of other names right now. Fast cheap, good enough food, lots of it, open all hours or very late, omelets, smash potato sort of deal.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

A good Cracker Barrel breakfast can do wonders for a hangover. Plus, the fact that they're all identical is so comforting- so many family road trip memories. I just wish they were better at making grits.

[+duracell-]

Yeah, I have one like two miles from my house. It's alright I guess. There's a gift shop at the front you have to walk through to be seated that's filled with country craft type goods, old timey candy, and shitty toys. It's supposed to be like, down home southern flair type cookin', like grandma use to make. Heh, the employees wear these aprons that have their name and a star system embroidered like they are in the military or something. So hostesses will have 1 star, and waitresses who've been there for ages will have 4. They know that menu like the back of their hand. Pennsyltucky residents can't get enough of it.

I'd much rather eat at this place Shady Maple though. It's the largest buffet I've ever seen in my life, rivaling Bellagio in Las Vegas. And breakfast is only like twelve bucks a person.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

This reminds me of the people that go apeshit over IHOP. Disgusting food. You order blueberry pancakes and they serve you rubbery ass pancakes with a pile of mushy blueberry crap on top. That is not a blueberry pancake.

taz-pie

guys. grits does not sound good. dirt is grit. gravel is grit. (we don't have grits in south africa.)

also: crepes are pancakes and pancakes are flapjacks. get it right., MURICA

Manupix

WOW CAROLE SUCH EXCITE MUCH CAPS LOCK

taz-pie

CAROLE MUST BE DEBRA'S SISTER

Chipmnk

I have never in my life been inside a Cracker Barrel.

Chipmnk

But only because it brings back memories of her. stares out window * single tear *

No account?
Join Us