Close
One second...

scoring numbers... back in my day.

so ive subbed a design for the first time in long while. it been scoring for 5 days and has like 150 something scores...is that normal? i remember the days of 2000 scores? times are a changing for this old dude...

Watch this
melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Every now and then they run promos to incite people to vote, which works while it's on, but most of the time you can expect a numbers like what you're getting. If you're design isn't very popular, you can end up with under 150 votes, and if it's popular, as much as 800+.

Jake Friedman

Yep, I just had a design end with 175 votes. I don't promote my work at all, so that is probably a part of it. But certainly there are less and less voters. I think as voting has changed more, and more submissions are being accepted, voters are losing any inclination to vote. Occasionally Threadless will have a vote 100 designs, and someone will win some thread-cash, but I don't think those voters stick around too often, nor even vote to genuinely.

It'd be fun to look at the stats for votes over the years that threadless has operated, because I like stats n' stuff.

No account?
Join Us