Anyone Excited for the World Cup!?

This ad is hilarious, man! Me and my friends usually play two nights a week and this advert just makes me wanna play everyday!

Watch this
mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

No, England will not even get out of the group stages and everyone will be shocked here....because they always assume we have one of the best teams in world football...we don't. I'm going to try and watch every game BUT for the England matches.

ChrisDB

I usually support both England and Italy. They're in the same group this time so I'd expect both of them to at least make it out the group stages.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Italy and Uruguay, we have destroyed our national team by prioritising the commercial benefits of the premier league. As a footballing nation we are second tier

yiannz

Group B and D are the toughest i think...My money wouldn't go on European teams, cause historically they never do well in Latin America...there's always the first time though...

I would love to see Argentina vs Brazil in the final, although i think it would be really hard for Argentina to reach the final...

I any case, i think this would be the toughest world cup in recent years, and i definitely can't wait to pin my *ss on the couch watching it...

WednesdayCat

I enjoy it!

What is everyone's thoughts on The team USA jersey's this year?

ChrisDB

Oh yeah, Group D really is the toughest. I take back what I said about Italy and England definitely making it out of that group. No guarantees there, for sure!

Argentina should definitely breeze through the group stages.

Oh gawd, that USA kit is horrible this year! The pepsi looking one. So many great looking kits that it's hard to pick a fav, but the US one just stands out as awful, man.

WednesdayCat

Yeah, I agree. They are terrible.

Aside from that, I'm excited!

It goes on During the College World Series, which in in my hometown. So, its awesome to have that on the Tele and the ballpark close to home! Yay summer!!!

Mat Miller

Cannot wait! Love a world cup summer! England will have to be so disciplined to even have a chance of making it out of the group stages. We do have the ability to get at teams on the counter attack but it's winning the ball first.

I'm excited to see Messi, Aquero and Di Maria play together for Argentina as quite frankly that attacking force is frightening. Also keen to see how well the Belgians can do being relative underdogs as their team is full of top class players. Roll on June!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

damn. Group G tho

Mat Miller
filgouvea said:

Fuck the world cup, fuck fifa!

This video comes across as quite whiney if I'm honest. Hosting the world cup isn't about benefiting the country where it is hosted. It's about football and having a good time, end of. The video makes it sound like Brazilian people will be worse off on the whole because of the world cup. I call bullshit.

tohellandback
Mat Miller said:
filgouvea said:

Fuck the world cup, fuck fifa!

This video comes across as quite whiney if I'm honest. Hosting the world cup isn't about benefiting the country where it is hosted. It's about football and having a good time, end of. The video makes it sound like Brazilian people will be worse off on the whole because of the world cup. I call bullshit.

what the video tries to say is that instead of wasting money in stadiums to host the world cup, that same money could be spent in a better education system, better health care, to stop violence, poverty and so on. basically the government should review their priorities and spend the money on their people and not in an event that only lasts one month.

mathiole
mathiole profile pic Alumni

As a brazilian and a soccer lover, this world cup is a bummer to me! I was really excited when Brazil was picked to be the host, but honestly, we're facing one of the biggest crisis ever. Noting works here, you can name it...everyone is corrupted and so is the government. Obviously they'll try to sell to everyone that our country is beautiful, bla bla bla but that's not true (and for this same reason i'm planing to leave here as soon as possible). And i hope Belgium wins!

filgouvea
filgouvea profile pic Alumni
Mat Miller said:

And if I am honest you don't sound like the brightest person around. tohellandback and mathiole pretty much said it all but just to add:

The frickin stadiums are not even ready yet, transportation is chaotic, violence is rising, there is no infrastructure. This will possibly be the worst world cup ever organization wise.

yiannz

Lol...if this happen, i'll buy all of your designs :D

...which is a safe bet, cause i like them a lot!

Seriously now, I think Greece will win it :P

randyotter3000 said:

Always excited for the world cup and and always stupidly optimistic for how well England will do, we will win it this year!

No account?
Join Us