Close
One second...

Get more people to score a design

Hello - What is the best way to get more people to score on a design? I just submitted my first design and want to get some good scores.

Cheers...

Watch this
mechanicalrobotpower
mechanicalrobotpower profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Promote it where you can, Facebook, twitter, google+ etc.. You'll get a couple hundred just from within Threadless, otherwise, just drive as many people who might care about it there however you can.

free_agent08
mechanicalrobotpower said:

Promote it where you can, Facebook, twitter, google+ etc.. You'll get a couple hundred just from within Threadless, otherwise, just drive as many people who might care about it there however you can.

I agree!

DannyDelicious

I was just asking my self how the hell am I going to get 1000 rating lol.. so this is my first submission ever [For those who wanted a skull Tank-Top]2

And this is my second one [Big Bad Wolf]4

TonyAlanCooper

Really? A couple of hundred just from within Threadless? That's not my experience. Maybe if you have a following or are popular, but new submissions don't get that support, do they? Or am I just unlucky?

Merrpeng
TonyAlanCooper said:

Really? A couple of hundred just from within Threadless? That's not my experience. Maybe if you have a following or are popular, but new submissions don't get that support, do they? Or am I just unlucky?

I'm with Tony. I've never gotten that many votes. It's very possible people don't really see new submissions. The Score Designs default is most popular.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

There's a sticky post at the top of the forums for submission promotion. Generally speaking it's kinda frowned upon to go into other threads and promote

zorua

I've found that posting EVERYWHERE- literally daily on facebook, tumblr, twitter, and by word of mouth- you WILL get the scores you deserve.

Edword
Edword profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Back in the day we would get 2000 votes then it started witting down....I have a design up for voting now that will be lucky to get 200...

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

To be fair I just had a design get 700 scores and that was with no promotion whatsoever.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
Martin_Ivanov said:

I think some people score lower on purpose. I guess you should have 2000 friends on facebook and get the half of them to vote somehow :P

Provided they don't have the genius idea of down voting anyone else's work in the pointless belief that it will better your chances.

vectored_life
lxromero said:

To be fair I just had a design get 700 scores and that was with no promotion whatsoever.

sigh

I promote my ass off (typically twice within the general sub 7 day period) on Facebook, Threadless (in 4 different blogs), Tumblr, friends and family and get about 200-220 scores total. The most I ever got was 257 and that was last year and I did one facebook post on my personal page.

Needless to say, I'm jealous

Wibby_Mott

When I submit, I also just don't get any votes. People that have printed before, the ones with the several hundred followers are instantly put on the map. I know that "a design that's good gets the scores" but I wish that more people would simply view my design.

Wibby_Mott

The thing that really seems to bury designs is the system of seeing the very top or new designs first. Real threadless goers may dig through, but for someone that has the intention only scoring ten or so, only the top designs get the score.

bygrinstow
bygrinstow profile pic Alumni

So my 350+ are outside of normal from just within Threadless.... hmmm.

I have no idea what I did right. Not having been around Threadless for a long time, I thought it seemed low.

Wibby_Mott

So how do you push your idea forward? I have seen someone follow 9000 people so they get followers, but that is obviously not the thing to do. Also people post random promotions on blogs (hem hem) to try and get more scores. But I haven't seen any real promotion strategies, the facebook twitter thing does not work, so what does?

Wibby_Mott
Wibby_Mott said:

So how do you push your idea forward? I have seen someone follow 9000 people so they get followers, but that is obviously not the thing to do. Also people post random promotions on blogs (hem hem) to try and get more scores. But I haven't seen any real promotion strategies, the facebook twitter thing does not work, so what does?

Or is it just luck of the draw then, for first timers?

Manupix
zorua said:

Hey guys! Please head over to my second design up for scoring, https://www.threadless.com/designs/birdie-5, it would mean the world to me! I'm heading over to your guys' design now!!! :)))

rudaaz said:

weiii guys, score my design.. just a second for you but lot important for me! thanks a lot! :)

https://www.threadless.com/designs/hoot-11

thootha said:

Hi guys! I really need feedback on my designs as well. Please help me out!

https://www.threadless.com/designs/feathers-7

Thanks! x

SantiagoVecino said:

https://www.threadless.com/designs/chorus-man

hairballx said:

Hey guys. Can you please checkout my design. Thanks!

For fuck's sake, this isn't a promo blog! Make your own threads, don't spam other peeps' like it's 2010!

osaze

hahahahaha!

Manupix said:
zorua said:

Hey guys! Please head over to my second design up for scoring, https://www.threadless.com/designs/birdie-5, it would mean the world to me! I'm heading over to your guys' design now!!! :)))

rudaaz said:

weiii guys, score my design.. just a second for you but lot important for me! thanks a lot! :)

https://www.threadless.com/designs/hoot-11

thootha said:

Hi guys! I really need feedback on my designs as well. Please help me out!

https://www.threadless.com/designs/feathers-7

Thanks! x

SantiagoVecino said:

https://www.threadless.com/designs/chorus-man

hairballx said:

Hey guys. Can you please checkout my design. Thanks!

For fuck's sake, this isn't a promo blog! Make your own threads, don't spam other peeps' like it's 2010!

artechin

Actually that is a good question, I am also new here and I am trying to figure out how to get other people to see my work, I did try social media and stuff but I am sure it will not help much since nobody knows me :(

xnb40

i think the way they show designs is not fair ,i see designs that are newer than mine and with less votes and above my design when scrolling the page ,but the designs with really high score are always on top so it's natural that they will stay with the highest votes because they are the first things you will see on the page and most people won't have the patience to scroll down that far so i really don't get the way they arrange the designs ... are they by date of submitting ? by the number of votes ?? or just random ??

xnb40

i think the way they show designs is not fair ,i see designs that are newer than mine and with less votes and above my design when scrolling the page ,but the designs with really high score are always on top so it's natural that they will stay with the highest votes because they are the first things you will see on the page and most people won't have the patience to scroll down that far so i really don't get the way they arrange the designs ... are they by date of submitting ? by the number of votes ?? or just random ??

c-royal
c-royal profile pic Alumni
xnb40 said:

Seriously, since you just posted one design here, you must be warned that it's a long road. Don't complain already, if ever you get printed once in your life, consider yourself blessed by the mighty gods. As for your design itself you should take care of the kerning in your bubble text(the O is too far from the T, the H from the T, the A frome the E) plus the black square is too bold, and maybe you've got too much blank space on top between the square and the character. The bubble should seem hand drawn like the rest. Those are little details that keep the viewer from reading the whole thing straight, one design=one style except if meant otherwise.

xnb40
c-royal said:
xnb40 said:

Seriously, since you just posted one design here, you must be warned that it's a long road. Don't complain already, if ever you get printed once in your life, consider yourself blessed by the mighty gods. As for your design itself you should take care of the kerning in your bubble text(the O is too far from the T, the H from the T, the A frome the E) plus the black square is too bold, and maybe you've got too much blank space on top between the square and the character. The bubble should seem hand drawn like the rest. Those are little details that keep the viewer from reading the whole thing straight, one design=one style except if meant otherwise.

I was planning to make a whole room where the girl is but i thought maybe i won't draw it that good and maybe too much details for the design it's not really a comic story after all ,and about the font i actually got it from the internet i didn't write it myself so maybe i should have wrote it in a different one and i agree about the thickness of the black square ..thanks for the feedback it's the best one I've got so far :D but still i don't get it why they don't promote new designs as well as popular designs it's like they are saying "come vote for these fabulous designs with high votes so that they get even more votes!"

c-royal
c-royal profile pic Alumni

Yep but there is a tab to access new designs, then again it's normal to show top quality designs first otherwise people might quickly lose interest and wouldn't take the time to vote at all. I did scroll a lot to see designs, even after scrolling a lot there is still super designs so...the problem is more about the amount of designs posted nowadays and the absence of selection(before you had to wait one week before your design was up for scoring). I know it's hard, even after a few years, even after a print, you feel you're getting better, your design get recognition, you get a high score and it doesn't get printed? Deal with it and keep on working, and focus on making a living in the real world.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Listen up newbies, coz I'm only going to say this another one hundred and forty seven times... The number of votes you receive is directly proportional to how much the community likes your tee. If they don't like it, you'll get buried and receive fewer votes. That's it. There's no mystery or magic formula to getting more votes other than just making better designs. Promoting on social media will get most people an extra 50 votes at best.

mtpockets
melmike said:

Listen up newbies, coz I'm only going to say this another one hundred and forty seven times... The number of votes you receive is directly proportional to how much the community likes your tee. If they don't like it, you'll get buried and receive fewer votes. That's it. There's no mystery or magic formula to getting more votes other than just making better designs. Promoting on social media will get most people an extra 50 votes at best.

There is also the fact, I believe, that Threadless makes the final decision on what gets printed and what doesn't. If you do a little research you'll find that many designs gets 600+ or even 800+ votes and they are not printed. As I see things, in the little time of been on this site, is that Threadless is more of a t-shirt design competition and less an art competition. I agree that a good design will get more votes and have a better chance of getting printed but the sale-ability of a design is also an important aspect of the decision. Lots of great artwork will not get printed and visa-versa. Threadless staff is more than welcome to correct me on this.

krystalynne
mtpockets said:
melmike said:

There is also the fact, I believe, that Threadless makes the final decision on what gets printed and what doesn't. If you do a little research you'll find that many designs gets 600+ or even 800+ votes and they are not printed. As I see things, in the little time of been on this site, is that Threadless is more of a t-shirt design competition and less an art competition. I agree that a good design will get more votes and have a better chance of getting printed but the sale-ability of a design is also an important aspect of the decision. Lots of great artwork will not get printed and visa-versa. Threadless staff is more than welcome to correct me on this.

Do they pick from the top designs voted designs? Or is it really based on community voting? I'm new, and certainly do not expect to be printed, but I do enjoy have a platform to create and share. It seems as though the designs that are from people that have a fantastic following from the thread less community. I agree that posting on social media probably would not work so well, especially since you have to be a member to vote. It seems the best way to get printed is to create AMAZING designs and develop a fantastic following.

No account?