Advice for Logo

This isn't in relation to a T-Shirt, yet and won't likely be a submission for this site but it is something I am working on for a friend and want some tips. The font is really what I am looking to get advice on. I had drawn in in originally but I have seen it as the logo for so long that I like the way it looks, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean it looks good at all. So any thoughts would be greatly appreciated but i am looking specifically for thoughts on the lettering itself. The image with the entire logo viable is just very basic font as a place holder.

Watch this
Crossling
FoodStampDavis said:I prefer the direction you're taking in the 2nd one.
The text or the layout?
bitemefox
I agree about the text on the second one. No clue how it would look but what if you put the text in the negative space under the face?
RAIL-GUN
melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
Neither or these are working as well as they need to. First off, I think you're going to have a hard time matching any typeface 100% harmoniously with this image. I think it's the thick black lines you've used. No matter what, you're probably going to be left with here are two invariably separate elements put together as well as can be hoped for. Forget using cooper black, that just doesn't gel with this at all. The second one is better, but only the Vixen part. If I were you, I'd continue down that path, but use the same colour and line thickness for the Dolls part as well. I think it's your best bet for matching the letters with the image. Generally speaking, in logo design, the fewer elements the better.
Gutter_Kreep
Gutter_Kreep profile pic Alumni
I like the Vixen type on the 2nd one but maybe go with a sans serif font with loose kerning for "dolls". Also fix the "n" on Vixen...it kinda looks like the tail of the "e". I hope this helps :-)
GAZPACHO
Ya somehow incorporate the logo with the type.
gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
Too much colors in the logo, and I don't like the type
aqsmorningview
i like the text of the second design but like everyone else i think it should be incorperated better with the fox in some way.maybe have him snuggling up to it or laying on it or what not and see how that looks.