Close
One second...

Any thoughts about Captain America: The Winter Soldier? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Who else watched it? Any thoughts about the characters? plotholes? or do you have any problems with the movie version of the characters? post it here!

Watch this
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

I had fun. I'm curious to see how it's going to ripple onto agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and all the other Marvel movies. I loved all the easter eggs that were in the movie

Ephyeah

Hahaha yeah, now i'm obligated to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to see what will happen next. XD

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni

It was freakin great!!! I loved how they integrated Arnim Zola into the movie. From comic to the big screen it was an excellent adaptation. I figured they would bring him back some way from the first movie. The fighting scenes were great, the plot was fantastic and falcon was cool as hell. So interested to see the ripples that will work into Agents of Shield. Marvel is really great with interlocking story lines and the character development.

Ephyeah

How about Crossbones? You guys think Marvel gave justice to the movie version of Crossbones? I'm also wondering about Bucky after his and Cap's fight. I think he's gonna be part of something big on the next movies. Anyone else spotted the Doctor Strange easter egg?

lxromero

I don't know much about Crossbones but I thought it was a fun inclusion and it seemed well done. I was actually just reading something that said that Avengers 2 (which follows Winter Soldier directly) won't really continue the winter soldier plot all that much. The idea being that cap gets called to do his avengers duty or whatever and then when that's done he goes back to the winter soldier plot. They referred to the winter soldier plot as a two-parter of sorts which makes sense because there were quite a few loose ends at the end of the movie. There are also pictures of him wearing a new costume on set for the avengers 2 which includes a nice little tidbit about the future of the marvel universe, sorta.

Ephyeah

So excited on what's next up on Marvel's sleeve.. And oh! Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch though!! :D

lxromero

Im much more excited about Baron Von Strucker than I am about the twins. I was a little bummed out that Robert Redford's character didn't turn out to the be red skull

dnice25

There will be a cap 3 so they will plug in the holes and also Avengers 2. Can't wait to see Crossbones in full gear with the mask. They did show him scarred up towards the end so I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen down the line. They're suppose to be woking on casting for the doctor strange movie which will be sick because that's gonna intro the mystical world of the Marvel Universe. It will be cool if they write in some story line for him in Avengers 2 being that Scarlet which uses magic. They don't need to have him in the movie just drop another egg. Seeing Baron Von Strucker was pretty awesome i peed on myself a little and I know Red Skull is still alive somewhere. I would count on seeing him again.

Ephyeah

@lxromero and dnice25

I got a feeling Red Skull is going to appear on the next movies, the fact that he's been teleported by the tesseract, probably he became Loki's wingman or whatnot. Haha.

Anyway have you guys seen the Avengers 2 teaser yet? :)

Ephyeah

Ohohoho. Doctor Strange's gonna kick some serious Hydra butt >:)

lxromero
Ephyeah said:

@lxromero and dnice25

I got a feeling Red Skull is going to appear on the next movies, the fact that he's been teleported by the tesseract, probably he became Loki's wingman or whatnot. Haha.

that would have made sense for the first avengers movie but not so much for the second unless he shows up at the end and that dovetails into cap 3. Whedon and Kevin Feige have been saying that avengers 2 will focus more on characters that don't have their own movies (Hawkeye, Banner) and it won't really spend that much time trying to solve plots from individual movies. Think of the avengers 2 as you would an avengers comic, they reference things from the individual books but they don't really drive those plots, they just use them to develop the characters themselves. So I suspect we see Steve and everyone still reeling from the fall of SHIELD and setting up the official Avengers (cap has an A on the shoulder of his new costume, Avengers tower had a small cameo in the cap movie) and it focuses more on the whole Ultron, twins, infinity stones shebang.

lxromero

Also, really psyched for Ant Man and the Netflix exclusive shows that they're doing, mainly Daredevil

dnice25
lxromero said:
Ephyeah said:

@lxromero and dnice25

that would have made sense for the first avengers movie but not so much for the second unless he shows up at the end and that dovetails into cap 3. Whedon and Kevin Feige have been saying that avengers 2 will focus more on characters that don't have their own movies (Hawkeye, Banner) and it won't really spend that much time trying to solve plots from individual movies. Think of the avengers 2 as you would an avengers comic, they reference things from the individual books but they don't really drive those plots, they just use them to develop the characters themselves. So I suspect we see Steve and everyone still reeling from the fall of SHIELD and setting up the official Avengers (cap has an A on the shoulder of his new costume, Avengers tower had a small cameo in the cap movie) and it focuses more on the whole Ultron, twins, infinity stones shebang.

That makes sense so much sense.

lxromero

There's also the possibility that Loki's staff is an infinity stone, which would make it the third confirmed one.

BTW this is what I'm talking about when I mentioned Cap's new costume

Ephyeah
lxromero said:

There's also the possibility that Loki's staff is an infinity stone, which would make it the third confirmed one.

BTW this is what I'm talking about when I mentioned Cap's new costume

AAAAAHHHH Love his new costume! It makes the geek in me squeal.. :D

Ephyeah
lxromero said:

Also, really psyched for Ant Man and the Netflix exclusive shows that they're doing, mainly Daredevil

Too bad there's no Netflix in the Philippines :(

No account?
Join Us