Close
One second...

My submission was rejected. Any tips on what I can do to make it up to snuff?

Ok I need help. Threadless declined this design. Can anyone tell me what I can do to make it up to snuff for Threadless standards?

Watch this
vectored_life

What reason did the email give you as to why it was declined?

I'm thinking it was a copyright issue.

Manupix
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Aristocats. No way.

museofink

@vectored_life this is a portion of the email they sent. Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that will give it the best shot. Want some feedback on your design? Post a thread in the forum to get tips and helpful suggestions from other artists! So I'm taking their advice and asking all of you amazing artists for tips or tricks to make it better.

museofink

Perhaps because of my shading? Should it be flat instead of airbrushed?

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I would think copyright is the culprit here.

vectored_life

Probably sent the wrong email lol. Aristocats = Disney and. Disney is usually a no go at Threadless

FoodStampDavis
vectored_life said:

Probably sent the wrong email lol. Aristocats = Disney and. Disney is usually a no go at Threadless

Generally, Disney (at least direct, 1:1 representations of Disney characters) is a no-go anywhere but, you know, Disney.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

Disney and Kiki's Delivery Service are both copyright

aqsmorningview

so instead of saying copyright they say its in need of more work?

FoodStampDavis
aqsmorningview said:

so instead of saying copyright they say its in need of more work?

It's a form email.

FoodStampDavis

But it worked. You went to the forums and found out the problem.

museofink

thank you all so much. I had a feeling it had something to do with copyright but I wasn't sure. I've been seeing alot of Disney mashups here on Threadless and on other shirt sites and thought it was all licensed through the respected sites. Thank you all for the advice

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Threadless has collaborated with Disney on several occasions but they don't usually accept Disney characters outside those sponsored challenges.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Threadless has collaborated with Disney on several occasions but they don't usually accept Disney characters outside those sponsored challenges.

Threadless also recently did a parody contest where anything was fair game. That was an unusual situation.

rohan.jha.792

I think the illustration is pretty good (accept for the shading in the clouds maybe). Has to be the copyright.

No account?
Join Us