Close
One second...

For the Drawing Challenge

Remember to include your sketches in the submission template or in the description. We want to be able to see all the work that went into your amazing pieces!

Watch this
PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Are you guys looking for hand drawn stuff for the most part? I know digital art is okay from the description, but are you wanting it to mimic hand drawn paper stuff or is obviously digital okay? This challenge confuses me more than it should.

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Are you guys looking for hand drawn stuff for the most part? I know digital art is okay from the description, but are you wanting it to mimic hand drawn paper stuff or is obviously digital okay? This challenge confuses me more than it should.

it confuses me too. Are most of you not drawing your normal threadless designs? Am I supposed to be designing using a trained lemur? is that why everyone ignores me?

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
TheInfamousBaka said:

For this particular challenge we would like to see where the design came from. It doesn't necessarily have to mimic hand drawn images if you're working digitally, but it would be nice to see at least a base sketch or something, or a link to some sort of process.

Morkki said:

What if the sketch IS the design

Your design is allowed to be finished and completed, in much the same way you normally would (color, bells, whistles, fancy music), we just think being able to see your drawing process is a super neat and compelling hook to this particular challenge, which is why the sketch or baseline part is mandatory for this one.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Maybe you guys should put that in the description, not that people usually bother reading those anyways.

lxromero
TheInfamousBaka said:

Maybe you guys should put that in the description, not that people usually bother reading those anyways.

I don't know how to read. But yeah, we're working on re-wording it to be more clear in order to avoid confusion.

vectored_life

So just to be clear, something like this I assume?

lxromero
vectored_life said:

So just to be clear, something like this I assume?

exactly! You can even include it inside the sub template if you want or just link it somewhere else, it's cool for people to be able to see how a design comes together!

c-royal
c-royal profile pic Alumni

So to be clear, this contest have no original purpose...exept you want to see sketches. I'll still submit a pencil drawing because I need it to be the way I thought it was.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
FoodStampDavis said:

What if I don't submit anything to the challenge? Do you still need my sketches?

Yes. Also a stool sample.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:
FoodStampDavis said:

What if I don't submit anything to the challenge? Do you still need my sketches?

Yes. Also a stool sample.

The are one in the same, friend, one in the same.

lxromero
c-royal said:

So to be clear, this contest have no original purpose...exept you want to see sketches. I'll still submit a pencil drawing because I need it to be the way I thought it was.

youre welcome to do that and I welcome strictly pencil drawings, those are gonna be awesome to look at. if you wanna see it as a pencil only (or any drawing medium) design challenge then go right ahead :D

c-royal
c-royal profile pic Alumni

YEP, that's what i'm about to gonna do because I can't stand it to be otherwise!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Alumni

This is the third drawing challenge, focus on something more hand drawn.

if it's digital in the end, then show your sketches to show you actually did it by hand!

This will play a major role when choosing the winner

Manupix
lxromero said:

and by somewhere else I mean in the sub description

Well ya knoes, if we could link / post images in descriptions, that might actually be a cool idea ;)

Now if digital wasn't too busy over the weekend or something ^_^

lxromero
c-royal said:

YEP, that's what i'm about to gonna do because I can't stand it to be otherwise!

this is why I love you.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Sounds like there are gonna be a lot if wips popping up for this one. Just to be clear, I do a fair amount if what I consider digital 'painting', which are obviously hand drawn, but not the first thing I think of when I think 'drawing'. From the brief I gather that kind of work will be acceptable as long as I show my process.

lxromero
melmike said:

Sounds like there are gonna be a lot if wips popping up for this one. Just to be clear, I do a fair amount if what I consider digital 'painting', which are obviously hand drawn, but not the first thing I think of when I think 'drawing'. From the brief I gather that kind of work will be acceptable as long as I show my process.

Yep

No account?
Join Us