Close
One second...

What can I do to make my design better? Critique and advice needed.

This is my design for the Dogs competition entitled Old Dog New Tricks.

It's inspired by the movie Reservoir Dogs, a favourite of mine. I'd really like some critique and advice on how I can make this better, so if anyone has time...

Watch this
taz-pie

100% would not buy. that's all i got for now.

LoveSpud

Thanks for your response. Do you think it would be wiser to remove the text? It's this that bothers me the most. I'm trying to hand-draw it at the minute, would that be better? Or no text at all?

GAZPACHO

Drop the drop shadow.

3DRod

I'd use only one font for the text or remove it altogether. as for the dog it would be better if he/she/it (?) was in a more dynamic position, he's just standing there, honestly it's not very cool-looking. For the shadow you should just make a new shape and not just copy the same image and paste it.

Hope that helps!

XEPHORxXAPHAN

That taz-pie is kinda of an ass! He came to my thread and was an ass so dont listen to him, he's just a troll!! I do say give your idea to someone who can draw better!! Idk if its just me but you cant draw sorry man but a good idea! I just dont like the green background, shadow or the way its drawn but I do like the idea! Just try to find a better illustrator!

taz-pie
BeboTheMovieKing said:

That taz-pie is kinda of an ass! He came to my thread and was an ass so dont listen to him, he's just a troll!! I do say give your idea to someone who can draw better!! Idk if its just me but you cant draw sorry man but a good idea! I just dont like the green background, shadow or the way its drawn but I do like the idea! Just try to find a better illustrator!

lol

NDTank
NDTank profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
BeboTheMovieKing said:

You call Taz an ass and then tell the guy he can't draw..?

Nick_Nightshade

Ignoring the pointless arguing, here's my quick two cents here...

Your concept isn't immediately readable from what you've got. If you hadn't explained it was Reservoir Dogs related I would never have figured it out. My recommendation would be to draw from some of the more iconic images from the film for reference and try to go with something more recognizable (because right now it's just a dog in a suit).

Also remove the text. An image that can't stand alone without text is like a joke that isn't funny without explanation.

Good luck friend!

LoveSpud

Thanks so much everyone for all the advice, I'm gonna rework it all now using my handy new guide:

• New Shadow/No Shadow
  • No Text/New text
  • More dynamic
  • Clearer concept

Oh man, how long do I have again?

Haha Bebo! I can't afford a personal illustrator so I guess I'll just have to keep practising mate! I'm chuffed you like the idea though...So I shall work on it! But seriously, at this stage, I feel like if I start collaborating it might hinder me learning the necessary skills to improve my own artwork and then I would be really sad. Perhaps I could be the best eventually. Or perhaps I'll be crap. Won't know 'til I try...

XEPHORxXAPHAN
LoveSpud said:

Thanks so much everyone for all the advice, I'm gonna rework it all now using my handy new guide:

• New Shadow/No Shadow
  • No Text/New text
  • More dynamic
  • Clearer concept

Oh man, how long do I have again?

Haha Bebo! I can't afford a personal illustrator so I guess I'll just have to keep practising mate! I'm chuffed you like the idea though...So I shall work on it! But seriously, at this stage, I feel like if I start collaborating it might hinder me learning the necessary skills to improve my own artwork and then I would be really sad. Perhaps I could be the best eventually. Or perhaps I'll be crap. Won't know 'til I try...

Ok! True true true!! Good luck with everything then!!! Sorry for being a little harsh!

No account?
Join Us