To the veterans of Threadless, I know I'm impatient but...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the average wait time to hear if your design has been chosen to be printed after it's been scored is?

I know there's Heaps to go through, I don't want the process to hurry up or anything, I just can't stop checking my email every two seconds...if I knew it was going to be a week I might, might, calm down. :D

Thanks

Watch this
TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

It's typically 1-3 weeks, but it can also be years! The best thing to do is once something has finished scoring, forget it and move on to the next design. :-) For your sanity's sake.

ThePaperCrane
ThePaperCrane profile pic Alumni

Yes after 3 weeks you can be pretty certain it's not going to happen. I find it is usually on a Friday if it has been selected. I don't mean to be a buzz kill but it is pretty hard to get a print these days. Not sure what the odds are but perhaps a little more promising then getting struck by lightning. Therefore you need to keep calm and realistic whilst still remaining positive and optimistic. - Just keep subbing and bettering yourself.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I forget about being printed if a week goes by for a regular submission. For partnership challenges it can be months. It's true though, sometimes it's been years. I agree with Tiff except to say start your next design as soon as you hit the submit button.

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni

It's typically 1-3 weeks, but it can also be years! The best thing to do is once something has finished scoring, forget it and move on to the next design. :-) For your sanity's sake.

Totally agree with this - you have to completely move on and if something happens great, most of the time things won't happen but there is always a chance !!!

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni
melmike said:

Yeah, I forget about being printed if a week goes by for a regular submission. For partnership challenges it can be months. It's true though, sometimes it's been years. I agree with Tiff except to say start your next design as soon as you hit the submit button.

I agree, Mike. :-)

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

The best thing to do is don't expect. Unless you're the "Threadless favorite artist" for the year then you can check it a week after scoring has ended because you can be sure that you will get printed more often than you think. Just forget it and go through with your daily routine. It's much easier to get your monthly pay check than wait for the winning email every single day. Peace y'all.

vectoredlife

There's a possibility that they'll tell you a week after a general submission? Wow, that's cool.

But yeah, submit it and forget it is the best thing to do. Otherwise you may be pulling your hair out being anxious for the email and possibly for no reason.

vectoredlife
melmike said:

start your next design as soon as you hit the submit button.

^and definitely this. I've been doing this and I have submitted more designs in the last month that the first 8 months I've been here.

wowrainbows
wowrainbows profile pic Alumni

My average has been 16 days after it finishes scoring. My last one was 15 days after I hit 'submit'.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Q: When should I lose hope for my design to be printed?

A: Right away and never.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

half my prints happened over a year after they finished scoring... but that was because I was proactive and bothered threadstaff about it

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Q: When should I lose hope for my design to be printed?

A: Right away and never.

this. The average wait time for my 2 prints from submission to notification is 148 days.

Eliseanna

Alrighty, good to know, I'll get onto the next design then!

I mean a year's still not all that bad if you think about it, on other sites you may never even be seen let alone sell something. There are just so many talented artists out there and not enough buyers and the artists who are seeing all the art and want to support others are too poor to buy anything. Le sigh

Thanks for the replies!

RonanL
RonanL profile pic Alumni

My latest print for the Muppets design just went up. It took roughly 2 months and a week to notify me. I submitted it early December and heard back just last month. It was a complete surprise, since at that point I had moved on already.

For other prints, it has been ~1-2 weeks. My MTV Awkward print took 3 days to notify me.

As others have said, the best thing to do is to expect nothing, and to simply move on with your life. It can be addicting to get caught up in checking emails because maybe - just maybe - you'll have that precious 'Congrats!' email. It an illogical and stressful habit, and I would argue you'll be better off forgetting about what you've made and focus on the next thing. The best thing you can do while you wait for an unprinted design is share it. Sharing your work is free, productive and one of the most important things you can do (besides from just making it).

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni

I always move on to my next design right away because I get excited about the next competition but I admit I do check my emails often. I can't help it sometimes and any Threadless email I get makes my heart jump especially the "prepare your digits" emails lol.

vectoredlife

Honestly, the only Threadless emails that I get overly excited and constantly check for is right after I submit a design.

Ironically, I'm doing it right now....PLEEEEEEEEASE APPROVE MY SUBMIIIIIIIIISSION!!!!

Of course I look at getting a "You've Been Printed" email as a gleaming golden ring always there but out of reach. Never been printed so it's not at the top of my anxiety/excitement list.

Nightwatcher

A couple of weeks usually. and what better way to spend those days workin' on another design?

No account?
Join Us