Close
One second...

WIP - Rainy Days Are No Picnic (Collab)

Working on a new design with Nestor. His slogan is "Rainy Days Are No Picnic"

It was used on a Greeting Card as Nestor pointed out to me after I created this but:
what do you think of it?
and
is it worth submitting anyway?

Watch this
vectored_life

I think it's neat. I would try to work around getting rid of the boxiness on the edges of the design on the shirt. Idk if that made sense.

This may be a dumb suggestion but what if you did straight lines instead. It may help with my statement above.

Manupix

I like the type, not the basket + umbrella (look cliparty). This needs a stronger visual concept, like maybe incorporating a tablecloth pattern into the rain (or not).

pweye
pweye profile pic Alumni

I like it. Maybe the type could be less boxed in - more cloud shaped on top? How about some bottles glasses etc under umbrella on gingham cloth?

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

I do agree with the clip arty comment. Everything else seems to be about things I actually like about the design. I like the boxy overall design and text cloud, I like the slanted lines instead of straight, and I like the fact that it is just a basket and umbrella at the bottom.

oh well it was a good try. I suck at type designs.

vectored_life
bortwein said:

I do agree with the clip arty comment. Everything else seems to be about things I actually like about the design. I like the boxy overall design and text cloud, I like the slanted lines instead of straight, and I like the fact that it is just a basket and umbrella at the bottom.

oh well it was a good try. I suck at type designs.

Just to be clear, I like the slanted rain better than straight line rain too. I suck at figuring out how to incorporate stuff on a shirt.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

i like the slanted rain too, maybe just needs to be less boxy kind of dissapearing at the edges?

No account?
Join Us