Close
One second...

How can I make this better? - Update 3

Can this be improved or should I scrap it?

Watch this
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

maybe adding something more lively than the three lines above the blue screen monitor might help. Lightning bolts perhaps? Also maybe broken static on the monitor? I dont know if that would make it super busy... There's not really a ton I can think of right now...

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Maybe since it's commonly called the "blue screen of death" a pixelated skull and crossbones above him instead of lines. :-)

vectored_life

I would do what Luis said but also add some lines to the first computer (maybe using the ones you have for the second computer) to show/emphasize more "shock and surprise."

Awesome design though....as usual :(

jealously insues

vectored_life
TheInfamousBaka said:

Maybe since it's commonly called the "blue screen of death" a pixelated skull and crossbones above him instead of lines. :-)

or that....and what i said for the first computer

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

boring

[+duracell-]

maybe the second tower should be flopped over with something sticking in its side like a floppy disk/shuriken or something

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

I did not get it but then I have never had a PC die on me. Add a tear to the left one and some x x eyes to the right one?

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

What if you did that blue screen computer attached to one of those life support things and flat lining?

kazualtee

Blue screen in an open coffin with a picture of what he used to look like next to it.

P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni

Blue screen of death as the face opening on a grim reaper robed computer, holding a scythe made of ethernet leads and ergonomic keyboards. If it was big enough you could just have that in the centre, or could have some computers reacting and running away?

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

give it PCpr :)

ivanrodero
EricKaz said:

Blue screen in an open coffin with a picture of what he used to look like next to it.

This made me laugh.

Jake Friedman

what about a doctor pc saying that he has to pull the plug?

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

add a dinosaur to the background

PeculiarTiffany
lxromero said:

add a dinosaur to the background

This man is a genius.

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni

i think you should lose the computer with the cartoon eyes and just have one screen thats blue and the text reads "Goodbye cruel world"

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I didn't even know a blue screen of death was a thing.

Jake Friedman
Jake Friedman said:

what about a doctor pc saying that he has to pull the plug?

Other death-doctor-computer puns:

"It's terminal"

"something something virus"

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

why not the ghost/spirit of the computer flying up to heaven in stead of the three lines?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

what if one of them was frozen?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

or frozen like solo hans on star wars

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

What if the computers were werewolves and had axes?

fightstacy

Or the BSOD PC is at a bah mitzvah

fightstacy

Judo club

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Those don't look like dogs I'm confuded

Ranter

Honestly, I like it just as it is! But if you really need to change it, the white lines in the blue screen could be 2 Xs and a line as a dead cartoon face/emoticon like this: x_x or X_X or even x_X

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

Going with something like this I reckon, thanks for all your comments so far guys , appreciate it!

waynem
waynem profile pic Alumni

Actually I liked the simpler original one better, or the coffin suggestion. I think you could add a few more clues to suggest it's dead though, cause some of use Macs and don't even remember this is a thing that can happen to computers. How about adding a crooked mouth with a tongue sticking out and a wisp of smoke from the tower maybe?

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

I prefer a simpler image but it seems like people like more details when it comes to scoring, if the idea was a bit smarter I probably would have left it how it was. As far as more suggestions that it's dead I think any other additions are really making it over simplified in my opinion, its a contest for geeks you would hope people voting would have a slight idea whats going on.

vectored_life

The only thing I would change is the lines over the life monitor and, it's probably just me but, I would put a little tombstone instead of the skull.

Although it's not as simple as you like, it REALLY looks awesome.

PeculiarTiffany

The nurse laptop is adorable.

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni

I think the revisions are great. Looks awesome.

No account?
Join Us