Close
One second...

I have another idea.

A super hero team called the Stylistically Inconsistent Ultra Fighters (or something like that.) Each person draws a super character in a different style: manga, retro comics, "doodle," modern comics, hyper-realistic... whatever. Then they are posed together too look awesome, with logo. So a logo person is also needed.

Think:

So maybe a simple pose is decided on, but everything else - from costume to powers or whatever - is open season.

people in on it:

FoodStampDavis - a character in whatever style you call whatever it is I typically do.
Morkki - Hanna Barbera-esque cartoon
Musarter - Cartoonish with realistic texture.
mechanicalrobotpower - Dunno what style, but he'd like in.
TheInfamousBaka - cute! probably some kind of dog thing!
quick-brown-fox - Mayor of Letters!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Really like the dog guy. He is so much stubbier than my character in the same pose; not sure if that is a problem.

Question: what color palette are you working from? I can easily adjust but it does not look familiar.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I just used whatever colors. If I need to adjust them according to what other people do, I can make changes. And I don't think their different body types will be a problem. This is going to be a gang of mismatched heroes.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

I just used whatever colors. If I need to adjust them according to what other people do, I can make changes. And I don't think their different body types will be a problem. This is going to be a gang of mismatched heroes.

Word. The more mismatched, the better.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

did some sketching on the brainy girl

FoodStampDavis

So great. I should have my dude completed in the next couple days. Finally back to my workspace.

FoodStampDavis

I may make him a knight.

PeculiarTiffany
Morkki said:

did some sketching on the brainy girl

I just realized she has brain hair. That's awesome! I can't wait to see all of this put together.

Musarter

Here is what I have got so far. All the dark textures will become bitmapped colors (yellow, orange, white).

Digging that brainy girl too.

PeculiarTiffany

That's awesome, Josh! :-D

Daviisilva

Inconsistently amazing =D

FoodStampDavis

I have begun to play.

PeculiarTiffany

Yessss. This is going to be wonderful.

FoodStampDavis

Here's a peak into my process:

I begin by roughly sketching the anatomy, then I I finish by making that anatomy make no sense and replacing muscles and joints with lumps and other lumps.

PeculiarTiffany

Sounds like a solid process to me.

P.S. Should our due date be like... a week before the actual collab due date so you don't have to rush to get it together? Or are we even subbing it to the collab challenge?

FoodStampDavis

Might as well sub for collab challenge, unless others have a problem with that. A week before is fine for me. I'm easy going. Whatever works for the crew.

PeculiarTiffany

I just like due dates. I need to change my dog's eyeballs and then I need to email him to you eventually one day. Gimme your email!

Musarter

I will not finish mine until Wednesday. Is there a due date?

And, digging the knife Captain. Only crit is needs more bulge.

FoodStampDavis
Musarter said:

And, digging the knife Captain. Only crit is needs more bulge.

I was honestly going to make this the, like, ONE thing I've ever done without lumpy crotch-bulge, but now you went and said that....

FoodStampDavis
Musarter said:

Collab challenge ends on the 9th. I'd say we have plenty of time. I don't think there will be too much assembly required once we are all finished.

Morkki

I like that Musarter's guy is actually an alien in a suit, makes that posing all the more absurd!

I inked my character and just slapped some colors in there. I kinda like the non-human skin color combined with the pink brain hair but the colors can be pretty much anything. I also cleverly picked a style that involves no shading at all!

Anyway, what's the working resolution? I used 300dpi and hard pencils but could do it in a higher rez too. She's about 1870px high at the moment.

FoodStampDavis

I'd say three hundy is fine.

Morkki

Oh and I also got her a back story because I like stuff like that. This is Cerebro-Gal, a clone created from the heavily irradiated DNA of Marie Curie. Highly intelligent but must wear a bodysuit to protect innocent bystanders from her radiation. She can also project radiation blasts from her hands.

FoodStampDavis

Some color. Not married to 'em. Just went off Tiff's thing.

Meet Fly-Knifer! He can fly AND has knives! (That's his slogan, grammatical errors and all.)

Gettin' there. Gonna try some halftone shading, I think.

FoodStampDavis

Couple things: 1. I intentionally with with narrower lines than agreed upon for, well, inconsistency. But is it TOO inconsistent? I can always thicken. 2. Anybody else think Musarter's alien guy works pretty well in black and white? Kinda drives the theme home even more, for me.

Just spit-ballin.'

polarizeme

I know I'm not part of the project, but I am hungry, so I'll chime in.

• I love the pastel-ish colours of Fly-Knifer.
  • I agree about the black and white for Musarter's dude.
  • Honestly can't decide on line thickness for F-K. Maybe decide after all the others are done?

Love you! Bye!

taz-pie

i just came to gaze lovingly at the crotch bulge.

Manupix

Sorry guys but this is going to fail.

THERE IS NOTHING INCONSISTENT IN THOSE MAD SKILLZ!

On a serious note: Foodstamps, the only thing that worries me is printability of those fine lines.

Musarter

Some thoughts: Hate to say it, but the lines should be thicker on the Knife dude. Not necessarily as thick as the rest, but thicker for the reasons Manu said. Depending on the size of Stacy's dude we will probably need to flip Tiffany's and my character do to crowding. If you guys prefer my dude B/W, I will at least need to color the alien and maybe add some blues to the broad metal areas.

PeculiarTiffany

I'm okay with flipping if it needs to be done though I'd probably need to make a couple of adjustments since I don't flip my canvas when I draw stuff. Maybe we could squeeze in one of Stacy's sketches to see how the composition will work.

Dat bulge.

Morkki

Is that the same green on Fly-Knifer and Doggy McDoggerson(?)? I'll swap to the same green on Gal's skin. It's like ironic consistency

FoodStampDavis
Morkki said:

Is that the same green on Fly-Knifer and Doggy McDoggerson(?)? I'll swap to the same green on Gal's skin. It's like ironic consistency

Yup. I used all the same colors as Tiffany.

FoodStampDavis

Printability? Oh THAT'S right, you guys get things PRINTED. Adorable.

Haha. Doing a thick-line version of Fly-Knifer is no problem.

FoodStampDavis

Here's a quick-and-dirty thickening of Fly-Knifer. What do we think? Thicker still? Obviously I'll need to clean it up and remove/redo a fair portion of the detail on the face and a couple other spots to un-muddle it. Just feeling out the weights before pressing on.

Old one:

Thickboy:

Oldboy:

PeculiarTiffany

I like the thicker lines. :-D Hopefully Stacy can get his done in time for the deadline.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Yup, I can, I'll send something today

FoodStampDavis

if anybody wants to email stuff:

foodstampdavis@gmail.com

Morkki

Well I suppose I could

Musarter

I wont be able to get it to you until Wednesday. Just gotta be that way.

FoodStampDavis
Musarter said:

I wont be able to get it to you until Wednesday. Just gotta be that way.

No problem at all. I'm in no particular rush.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Here's where mine's at

PeculiarTiffany

I might need to make my guy a little bigger while I'm in there adjusting the eyes. I'll send you something in the next day or so. :-D

FoodStampDavis
mechanicalrobotpower said:

Here's where mine's at

This is real hot shit.

FoodStampDavis

I think I'll ensmallen my guy to make Stacy's seem larger. And probably embiggen his.

Musarter

Here is the finished version. If you guys agree on the this version, I will email it away.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us