Close
One second...

I have another idea.

A super hero team called the Stylistically Inconsistent Ultra Fighters (or something like that.) Each person draws a super character in a different style: manga, retro comics, "doodle," modern comics, hyper-realistic... whatever. Then they are posed together too look awesome, with logo. So a logo person is also needed.

Think:

So maybe a simple pose is decided on, but everything else - from costume to powers or whatever - is open season.

people in on it:

FoodStampDavis - a character in whatever style you call whatever it is I typically do.
Morkki - Hanna Barbera-esque cartoon
Musarter - Cartoonish with realistic texture.
mechanicalrobotpower - Dunno what style, but he'd like in.
TheInfamousBaka - cute! probably some kind of dog thing!
quick-brown-fox - Mayor of Letters!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Haha, you could have an inconsistent logo too, each word in a different typeface

mrwalrusface
mrwalrusface profile pic Alumni

gĂ´ood luck

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
quick-brown-fox said:

Haha, you could have an inconsistent logo too, each word in a different typeface

Love it.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I would draw a character.

FoodStampDavis
Musarter said:

I would draw a character.

Excellent. Have a style preference?

FoodStampDavis

people in on it:

FoodStampDavis - a character in whatever style you call whatever it is I typically do. Morkki - style to be determined.

Musarter

Cartoonish with realistic texture.

mechanicalrobotpower
mechanicalrobotpower profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
FoodStampDavis said:

people in on it:

FoodStampDavis - a character in whatever style you call whatever it is I typically do. Morkki - style to be determined.
mechanicalrobotpower - Dunno what style, but I'd like in.

FoodStampDavis
mechanicalrobotpower said:
FoodStampDavis said:

people in on it:

mechanicalrobotpower - Dunno what style, but I'd like in.

DONE

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Meeeee. Can "cute" be a style? Because I can make cute things. Can it be a dog?

FoodStampDavis
TheInfamousBaka said:

Meeeee. Can "cute" be a style? Because I can make cute things. Can it be a dog?

Cute is definitely a style. Dog is definitely allowed. Can be whatever type of Ultra Fighter you want. Super hero, samurai, knight, anime person, dog...

TheInfamousBaka

Oh man, tokusatsu puppy, here I come.

FoodStampDavis

Okay, I'd say that's probably it for characters. Five is good, no? Maybe six? What do we think?

Anybody out there want to tackle the Stylistically Inconsistent logo/type?

TheInfamousBaka

They have to be in their team roll call pose.

FoodStampDavis
quick-brown-fox said:

Yes. Is that you saying "me?"

FoodStampDavis
TheInfamousBaka said:

They have to be in their team roll call pose.

Definitely. Poses should be fairly static, I think, for the sake of placing them all together on the canvas in a way that makes sense, spatially.

Something similar to the Power Rangers above. Generic "hero" stances. Not necessarily hands-on-hips, but you get it.

FoodStampDavis

How does everyone feel about maybe working off this color palette? Or should we be all over the place there, too?

mechanicalrobotpower
mechanicalrobotpower profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I think my ultra fighter will be a muscler, like how that dude with the denim jacket without sleeves in your high school math class would draw

FoodStampDavis
mechanicalrobotpower said:

I think my ultra fighter will be a muscler, like how that dude with the denim jacket without sleeves in your high school math class would draw

Excellent.

FoodStampDavis

I think I'll do some sort of lumpy, caped superhero.

TheInfamousBaka

I think we should go for more of a sentai team pose to make it more fun. Kinda like the Ginyu squad there.

And this. It's just more typical and it will be fun to pose our dudes. Maybe you could do a rough skeleton and then assign each of us a pose. Or is that too much work?

FoodStampDavis
TheInfamousBaka said:

I think we should go for more of a sentai team pose to make it more fun. Kinda like the Ginyu squad there.

And this. It's just more typical and it will be fun to pose our dudes. Maybe you could do a rough skeleton and then assign each of us a pose. Or is that too much work?

A lot of of election coverage at work and art show prep for early April going on in my world, but I think it's a solid idea - even though I don't know what most of those words you used are.

Anybody else have time for a rough skeleton in the next couple days? If not, I can make the time happen one way or another and get one done.

TheInfamousBaka

I'm a big fan of this kind of stuff, so I could do a rough skeleton for poses if people are up for it. Or we can just pose them however and make it work. :-D

FoodStampDavis
TheInfamousBaka said:

I'm a big fan of this kind of stuff, so I could do a rough skeleton for poses if people are up for it. Or we can just pose them however and make it work. :-D

I say go for it. Then we can all decode which pose might work best with the character we each have in mind.

Jake Friedman

I'd be into this. I'll claim the style "Old Timey Cartoon Character"

Jake Friedman
Jake Friedman said:

I'd be into this. I'll claim the style "Old Timey Cartoon Character"

I'm talkin' Steamboat Willie-esque old, for clarification

taz-pie

you all suck, by the way.

taz-pie

HI!!!!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I'm thinking of drawing a geeky brainy girl hero. Maybe she'll have a shirt that says "taz-pie sucks buttz"

Musarter
FoodStampDavis said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

I say go for it. Then we can all decode which pose might work best with the character we each have in mind.

Yes and yes.

Musarter

Oh, oh, and when you do this please establish a canvas size and line width size. I all for the different styles and what not, but a uniform line width would bring it all together IMO. Or not, whatev's works.

nerrik

Is there still room? :3

heykimby
sweet n sour said:

James you have struck a chord with me.

FoodStampDavis
Musarter said:

Oh, oh, and when you do this please establish a canvas size and line width size. I all for the different styles and what not, but a uniform line width would bring it all together IMO. Or not, whatev's works.

Makes sense to me.

FoodStampDavis

Unfortunately, folks, to avoid TOO much clutter I think we are gonna keep it to 5 characters. We DO need a logo & type person, though.

TheInfamousBaka

I'll do a pose thing during my lunch break. :-D SO FUN.

taz-pie
Morkki said:

I'm thinking of drawing a geeky brainy girl hero. Maybe she'll have a shirt that says "taz-pie sucks buttz"

tazpiesucksbuttz.com

FoodStampDavis

I just want to note that I couldn't be more stoked with the people that jumped on to this. This is something of a Dream Team of artists-with-which-to-collab for me.

It's like '92 Dream Team starting lineup... then me. It would be like if the '92 Dream Team starting lineup included Jim Belushi.

TheInfamousBaka

So basically like this, just for a really loose reference.

There's always the leader, I think FoodStampsAndrew should get that guy. Then you have the other two doing poses that are appropriate for their designs, then the two on the ends crouching. I call dibs on one of the crouching poses~

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Yessss!!! I want to be in!!! Is there still time?

Can I do the manga-looking-cool-but-actually-ridiculous one?

ellygeh

Aw shoot, with mine in, I'd ruin Tiff's awesome pose sketch!

TheInfamousBaka
FoodStampDavis said:

Unfortunately, folks, to avoid TOO much clutter I think we are gonna keep it to 5 characters. We DO need a logo & type person, though.

:-(

ellygeh

Aw man! That's what I get for not lurking around lately

Manupix
taz-pie said:
Morkki said:

tazpiesucksbuttz.com

I clicked this, just in case.

vectored_life
Manupix said:
taz-pie said:
Morkki said:

tazpiesucksbuttz.com

I clicked this, just in case.

As did I

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?