Close
One second...

Space journey, and it's up!

It's up, thanks for the support!
https://www.threadless.com/designs/space-journey

Did this design a couple of years ago for a charity auction, was made into a single (1ex.) record cover for DJ SHADOW and profits went to Teenage Cancer Trust. I think it would make a rad shirt so I'm thinking of subbing it, but not sure how to mock it up on a shirt best, tried 3 different. I'm going towards the simplest version but not sure, thanks for your inputs!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

I like it, I think it looks great with the stars in the background, though I would loose the pink thunderbolt? like thing.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Thanks Blanca & Theo. I'll try a mockup without the thunderbolt keeping the stars. One thing you both agree on is that the bolts can go. That' a start! :)

Hvidsten

I'm liking the first one most. It's nice when a design isn't overloaded.

v_calahan

Thanks Hvidsten. Me too. So I dumped the bolts. Here are two versions, simple or stars. I'll sub one of those two, I'll see which one gets the most good vibes!

vectored_life
v.calahan said:

Thanks Hvidsten. Me too. So I dumped the bolts. Here are two versions, simple or stars. I'll sub one of those two, I'll see which one gets the most good vibes!

This is really simple and neat, I like it. I would go with the version with the stars

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I'd say the simple version without the stars. The small rocket looks weird from a distance.

Fungusamungus

I like the stars version. It kind of looks like a record and I really dig that. Especially since you said it was made as an album cover right?

v_calahan

mmm… tight… Stars galore : 3 Black Hole : 3 What if I change proportions, stars but with bigger rocket?

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

I like it this way it this way sure

v.calahan said:

mmm… tight… Stars galore : 3 Black Hole : 3 What if I change proportions, stars but with bigger rocket?

v_calahan

Stars 5 Nope 3 Does the fact the stars are contained by a circle bother anyone? Does is sit well on a shirt.

Pez Banana

Stars with bigger rocker is the best IMO, looks really good!

Pez Banana

typo: rocket, not rocker haha...

tohellandback

i prefer without stars, i think you don't need them. you are already telling a story without stars, i feel having them is forcing people to understand the story with no need for that. though you can try to put stars inside your design instead of being outside, as a texture for the astronaut and the rocket, if that looks good and works.

v_calahan

Thx PolySciGuy, good idea, tried it. Addes a few stars on the no pink jet stream version, so to make the shape more obvious if that carries any sense. Ok then so between these too?

v_calahan

Thanks tohellandback. Now I'm lost (in space). The design works well without AND with. What you say about the story begin told without is true.

vectored_life
lxromero said:

i think the trail coming out of it helps it pop

Agreed.

v_calahan

Thx guys. Initially, the pink stream was there to graphically "ping-pong" with the eyes. And indeed to add some overall color. I'll try maybe altering its shape a little or fading it to black before it reaches the circle boundaries…

v_calahan

So…………tried playing with the pink stream integrating it more to the ride… Stars seem to be a keeper for now, who the hell knows if they'll be there in the end! Arrrrrrg

vectored_life

Hey I think I like the new pink whatchamacallit better.

vectored_life
v.calahan said:

but… but… with the stars?

Of course. Stars for sure.

Fungusamungus

I still like the stars but I kind of liked the old pink stripe better than the jet thingy

Fungusamungus

Just a suggestion but maybe try and have the stripe carry outside of the circle? Might kind of help break it up.

v_calahan

RAhhhhhhhhhhh! I didn't post at first it but tried it this way too… Outline makes it part of the thingy?

vectored_life

Try it maybe like this (but with your colors):

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
v.calahan said:

So…………tried playing with the pink stream integrating it more to the ride… Stars seem to be a keeper for now, who the hell knows if they'll be there in the end! Arrrrrrg

this version is my favorite and I think you should go with it.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

dont break the circle, that would looks weird. as a matter of fact i would stay away from the edges of the circle. Maybe add some flames to the rocket, like this:

v_calahan

My creative director wifey is back home and pushing for this one… do I want to keep things calm at home? Yessss! Rounded the edges of the stream a wee more, added two pink spots on the rear lights… and I think I'm done.

Thanks all for the help and please know I won't sleep tonight for not having pleased everyone with the final choice!

sausage_moe
v.calahan said:

mmmm… just do that and you will have many flames!

hahaha!

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni
v.calahan said:

You must focus Speakerine!

Eehhe I see them now! And I love the last version!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us