Theo86 profile pic Alumni

great idea!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I agree this is cute!

spookylili
1 design submitted -

alright! thanks! I'll get back to work then :)

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

This will be adorable!

Amir_hh

perfect. keep going!

pedro4

Looks great!! I had a bit of difficult time getting the buffet idea until I read the description. If I may, maybe if you place a pile of bowls on a side to sort of make that connection. Good luck*

Manupix
pedro4 said:

Looks great!! I had a bit of difficult time getting the buffet idea until I read the description.

This. The idea is good and the dogs super cute, but you should do a complete rethink of the composition: the boring buffet front side uselessly takes up a lot of space, and even more so since the horizontal layout can't be large on the shirt.

spookylili
1 design submitted -

yeah, it does looks boring... I'll work on it.
thanks guys! :)

MightyMosha

I think the composition isn´t so great, shirts are complicated througt the upright format. But head up and stay strong. With cute stuff you´re not wrong in any case.

spookylili
1 design submitted -

Is this one better? Just a quick sketch, I'll add another dog on the other side and put a pile of bowls somewhere.

spookylili
1 design submitted -
lazysundave said:

I wonder if there is a way to incorporate those glass things that you always see above buffet tables (I think they are called sneeze guards). That might also help make make the connection to buffet. Great work!

Yeah, I thought about that, but it might make it harder to see the "food" and the dogs faces... I'll see what I can do :)

spookylili
1 design submitted -

Added more stuff. How does it look now? I don't think I can add the glass thing...

britaly

This is great! So cute. The stack of bowls really helps sell the buffet idea. Also, the dog on the other side to give the composition more balance.

Christina.A.art

The dog on the right is my fav cute:)

AnthonyMoore

Great idea! I like the new layout better. LOL at the homework ahha. Nice work.

Pez Banana

cool idea and the composition has evolved nicely... if i may add a suggestion: many buffet lines for humans have a sort of "rail" where you can place your tray and slide it forward, so you don't have to carry it yourself. I don't think this is essential to the composition, but when i imagine this with such rail, i find it even funnier, i dunno why... :P I'm sure it will look great once finished!

spookylili
1 design submitted -

I'll try to add the rail thing and see if it doesn't take too much space.
thanks for your help everyone! :)

spookylili
1 design submitted -

suggestions are welcome

tohellandback

the dog on the left, its tail looks kinda a flame. maybe if it's pointing down it looks better?

Manupix

Make sure the detail emphasis is on the dogs, not the buffet! Just show the bare minimum to be readable. Examples here and there.

spookylili
1 design submitted -

So, how does it look so far?

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni
10 designs submitted - Score now!

Awesome work so far man. My two comments would be to thicken the lines of the dogs and maybe try another ground option to make the dogs pop more?

[+duracell-]
lazysundave said:

Looking good so far. This might be an odd question, but what shape are the bowls in the stack? Something about the curvature of the bottom sort of visually threw me off when I glanced at it. Are they round at the top but sort of a rounded square at the bottom?

never seen a dog bowl huh? yeah they are round at the top and like.. round at the bottom

macdoodle

Im liking the progress so far.

spookylili
1 design submitted -

OK, I think I'm ready to sub this. And I'm tired, tell me it looks good. :P

spookylili
1 design submitted -

Subbed. I'm not good at waiting :D

Ranter

Love it! Great Idea

spookylili
1 design submitted -

up for scoring!

spookylili
1 design submitted -

oops, forgot to link it... fixed

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

already 5d this so cute well done!

spookylili
1 design submitted -

thanks goliath! :D

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

Really fun idea! Scoring now...

spookylili
1 design submitted -

thank you guys! and thanks everyone for your help! :)

spookylili
1 design submitted -

bump!

spookylili
1 design submitted -

I'm mildly disappointed, but thanks everyone that helped with suggestions and votes :)

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

i wouldn't worry about it....that cat puncher one of mine was right there at the top of the list for almost its entire run and only scored a 3.13

i figure challenge designs from now on will be scoring super low since that's where the big cash prizes are gonna be.

spookylili
1 design submitted -

Yeah, I understand that. And it's not even a bad score anyway...
I just get a little frustrated cause the ones I work harder on always score lower than the ones I submit just for fun.
Maybe I should stop trying too hard just do whatever I think it's fun :D

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

hahahah....same here....the ones i do during lunch when i'm just goofing around being dumb always do better.

macdoodle
BeanePod said:

hahahah....same here....the ones i do during lunch when i'm just goofing around being dumb always do better.

Dumb...$5

spookylili said:

Yeah, I understand that. And it's not even a bad score anyway...
I just get a little frustrated cause the ones I work harder on always score lower than the ones I submit just for fun.
Maybe I should stop trying too hard just do whatever I think it's fun :D

Not too shabby of a score for such a popular challenge. I thought it was cool. Doing fun stuff and not stressing about it as much has actually helped me improve so much. I used to spend weeks on super detailed stuff and I never felt that chill vibe that made me love making stuff in the first place. Onto the next masterpiece :)

No account?
Join Us