Close
One second...

Dash Atom: My Video Game

Soooo, I have been locked away in my office working on a video game for PC (and maybe other platforms later), and the very awesome Spacesick made the music for the trailer (and the game).

Check out the first trailer here:

Follow the game's progress here: https://www.facebook.com/dashatomgame

Watch this
Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

thanks!

vectored_life

Props man! That's really cool and it looks addictive.

soursopp

SWEET.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

That looks great!

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

cool concept

gasponce

so cute! and cool concept!

sausage_moe

that looks fantastic. I'm usually too slow for these games but I'll enjoy watching it!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Looks like a lot of fun. Great looking, and sounding, start.

Manupix
1 design submitted -

Yay pixels! Looks great =)

Ste7en

thanks, everyone! appreciate all the kind words!

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

GREAT job visually and audibly :D Good luck with it.

Ste7en

thank you, mitch did a great job on the music

Ste7en

if you guys and gals dig this, please share it <3

Manupix
1 design submitted -

You might upload some art here, and post as news when it is released.

Ste7en

very cool, never heard of it, will look into posting

Ste7en

I signed up, will probably post stuff there soon...thanks for the heads up

Ste7en

thank ya :)

ferreirabruno

Wow, awesome man, great work. You already said on the description "maybe other plataforms", but this looks perfect for mobile. Also, a dinosaur ? Shut up and take my money.

Ste7en

Thanks, man. It was designed with mobile in mind, but for now PC is all I can afford to make. If things go well, I hope to someday port it to multiple platforms. It's all a matter of time and money.

Jake Friedman

Looks awesome- what program are you coding in?

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Awesome! Congrats!

Ste7en

A program called Fusion 2.5. It's a versatile program for code noobs that turns coding into a more plain language system with a visual interface. There are other programs like it, but unlike a lot of them, you can make pretty much any kind of program with it (not just games), as it has a great amount of depth, and extensions to add even more versatility.

the czar

Looks sweet dude. Love the retro feel. Takes me back.

Ste7en

thank you, me too (about the retro)...the intro is sort of a reverse mega man 2 intro, and spacesick's tunes really heightened the nostalgia for me

ferreirabruno

Sure, i can understand, i know a little bit about indie development/games. I'm a software developer at Brazil and worked into some projects and competitions, i surely know how hard this can be, but as we can see at the trailer, you are already in the way, "just keep walking". Hope this become "a real game" soon as possible.

Ste7en

Thanks for the support, and good luck with your own software endeavors.

Ste7en

bamf

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni

Looks cool and fun! I think if you showed less in-game play and more short clips that jump to a few different scenarios it would be more of an enticing trailer. A 30 second spot could work just great. Maybe that's just me though.

Ste7en

There isn't anything more to show. This is an early build. That's what is completed in the game so far, and the trailer is designed to actually explain the main conceit of the game not just show off. I'm glad you think the game looks cool, and I appreciate your feedback. Hopefully, a future trailer can show more fun scenarios.

No account?
Join Us