Close
One second...

My Teepublic Store - Links

EDIT: If you want to start a Teepublic store, do me a favor and USE MY REFERRAL THINGY HERE:

http://www.teepublic.com/join/tomburns

-

So, with Threadless's new T's & C's comes the age of the Print-On-Demand shirt extravaganza.

Below here are a couple of notes for artists here, just passing on some info I learned by doing, as well as links to some of my tees there (links to ones that are not currently available here on threadless)

NOTE #1:
I have already researched and bought a few different shirts at a few of the different shirt sites out there, and have found that currently, TeePublic seems to have the best quality shirts and prints for tees out there right now. The print is nice and strong, and doesn't wash out easily.

They are also run by the CollegeHumor/BustedTees folks, so they are on the level and you won't have to worry too much about getting paid every month.

NOTE #2:
One thing I can across though, design-wise for their POD production is, that you need to set your artwork up to where only what IS GOING TO PRINT WITH INK is showing. Meaning, that is you are printing on a red shirt, and there is that color red in your design, you need to have that area "cut out" so that the shirt shows through, otherwise, it will PRINT red, and you don't want that, it may not match up.
Doing this with the artwork, will give you a more "screen printed" look too.

Here's a pic of a shirt from there, and as you can see, the black outline printed, as I had not "cut it out". Not a big deal on this one, but would look much better if it was just the black of the shirt:

Cool? Coo.

Without further ado...
Here's mah shirtz:

MAIN LINK TO MY STOREFRONT FOR TEES

-

E=MC ESCHER

SPAGHETTI WESTERN

ACUTE INVASION

SHOWDOWN

Those are the "Oldies but Goodies" that haven''t been available for awhile here, and here is a special Commie Party VARIANT design that fills out the shirt area better. This is a new repositioning of the design I did that is similar to a recomposition that Threadless did here for some special edition/ select tees.

THE COMMUNIST PARTY (VARIANT)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Awesome wow love it! Headed to your store now

tomburns
tomburns profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Cool, thanks! Just added the actual pic of the printed part where you can see that the black printed on the black shirt. (what you will want to avoid when readying your artwork.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

Hi, I made an account there the other day and already found your store. Cool stuff, and thanks for the tip :]

Do you submit to DBH also?

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I saw this on their fb page yesterday.

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Cool tips Tom!

How many tees sell you at Teepublic per month?

the czar

Is the sizing similar to threadless? I have wanted e=mcescher for years.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Thanks for the tips. Will def. have a look at Teepublic now.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

Been on there since the beginning. They're great people and awesome to work with.

Manupix

Thank you Sir!

tomburns
1 design submitted -

No, i used to many years ago but the design style that took off in popularity there was alot different than the stuff i do.

How many tees sell you at Teepublic per month?

I normally range from getting $20 - $30 per month or so there so far (4 bucks a tee at 20 bucks a tee, $2 a tee if they are "on sale" at $14 a tee) But this month im already up to like $40, so it varies.

They pay out via paypal within the first few days of the month.

Is the sizing similar to threadless?

I think so, not sure what actual brand shirt it is, its white labeled, but they are nice, comparable to threadless for quality and size I believe.

- Thanks dudes!! Yeah i feel like at least im making some headway there, as with society6, i cant hardly break $10 a month on a way bigger range of stuff. (No tees there for me though, the one i bought from them completely washed out after one wash)

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -
BeanePod said:

Been on there since the beginning. They're great people and awesome to work with.

I saw yours from this link.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -
jayme said:

No, i used to many years ago but the design style that took off in popularity there was alot different than the stuff i do. ~Tom

--Ok.
tomburns
1 design submitted -

Apparently db his basically a teepublic type of shop now, I did not know that, will have to look into it. It used to be more like threadless, except with more "all over print splattery animal faces" shirts. Was always a weird trend to me.

BeanePod
tomburns said:

Apparently db his basically a teepublic type of shop now, I did not know that, will have to look into it. It used to be more like threadless, except with more "all over print splattery animal faces" shirts. Was always a weird trend to me.

I was kind of worrying about this too from all the people talking about their "new" shops at dbh.....crazy.

BeanePod
Jayme Art said:
BeanePod said:

I saw yours from this link.

ha, i never saw that article....oh 2013....way back when :)

louisroskosch
louisroskosch profile pic Alumni

lol, me too. i like their new model better than their old one.

BeanePod
louisroskosch said:

lol, me too. i like their new model better than their old one.

i know rite? somebody said back then it's hard enough to get someone to give a 5, much less give money. :)

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
tomburns said:

So you have DBH for artsy, gritty, all over the place designs and Teepublic for cleaner vectors, illustrations and pop culture references.

This kind of explains why tless is doing the same... Like they were almost forced into doing it to catch up and stay ahead of the competition.

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

Hmm, I've been thinking about giving Teepublic a try, as I'm not getting much attention on Lafraise... thanks for the info!

tomburns
1 design submitted -

Yeah, I don't think many people are getting rich off of the monthly royalties there, but if Threadless adopts a model similar to this also then shirts will probably sell much better here

tomburns
1 design submitted -

That is adopting a model in accompaniment of what they currently and will continue to have in their selected shirts

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -
xiv said:
tomburns said:

So you have DBH for artsy, gritty, all over the place designs and Teepublic for cleaner vectors, illustrations and pop culture references.

This kind of explains why tless is doing the same... Like they were almost forced into doing it to catch up and stay ahead of the competition.

I know, its cool.
My art work covers a range of styles. I like having 3 different sort of places to submit my types of art. (or possibly on all of them at the same time... havent read all the rules at DBH and TeePublic yet.)

...Since I recently lost my job, Im going to have more time to work on designs :D

radiomode
1 design submitted -
xiv said:
tomburns said:

This is DBH:

This is Threadless:

Threadless has nothing to catch up with. I am surely hope that is not what Threadless is doing now.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

This is DBH:

This is Threadless:

Threadless has nothing to catch up with. I am surely hope that is not what Threadless is doing now. ~Radiomode

Are you talking about the artwork? ..or the models? Photography... Just not sure what point you're making.

radiomode
1 design submitted -
Jayme Art said:

Are you talking about the artwork? ..or the models? Photography... Just not sure what point you're making.

The attitude. I hope Threadless stay the way Threadless is.

tomburns
1 design submitted -

Just followed you, Tom.

Thanks dude! Not sure what their following feature even does right now, but I assume that more=better

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
radiomode said:
Jayme Art said:

Haha, I wouldn't worry about that! I think DBH has always had that douchebag vibe.

I'll set up a Teepublic store too in the near future. I don't expect to make much money out of it but mostly I'd just like to get some requested tees out there in the world.

BeanePod
Morkki said:
radiomode said:
Jayme Art said:

Haha, I wouldn't worry about that! I think DBH has always had that douchebag vibe.

I'll set up a Teepublic store too in the near future. I don't expect to make much money out of it but mostly I'd just like to get some requested tees out there in the world.

MILK DAD IS PUNCHES

louisroskosch
louisroskosch profile pic Alumni

https://www.teepublic.com/user/Louisros heres my teepub store too if anyone wants a gander.

i can't knock dbh at all. none of my t-shirts have any 'tude' and i am doing just fine on there, they have promoted my stuff too quite often. and don't forget that when dbh first opened it was printing really cool illustrationy stuff.. the type of thing threadless is now printing.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -
radiomode said:
Jayme Art said:

I dont know about the official 'Threadless attitude', but the attitude I see is from all the artists who interact here... there might be an overall theme to any site (like trolling or whatever) but just like anywhere else, its made up of individuals. There are cool people, egomaniacs, friendly/helpful ones, insecure assholes (or douche bags, however you cal them) ect...

Overall the 'vibe' has been ok here for me so far. (Besides the unbearable assholes.) They know who they are.

jk :p

--not really.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

.. I think DBH has always had that douchebag vibe. ~Morkki

How so??? :[

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I think I'll definitely set one up if for nothing else but to get some tees of my unprinted designs.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Great Blog, Thanks!

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Going to try Teepublic first. Here's my currently empty store. Going to select a few things to put up within the next day or so.

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the motivation Tom. I already signed up in Teepublic but haven't uploaded anything yet. I am sorting out my designs that did well here and will sell it there and hopefully get atleast 10 a month. Better than nothing. Y'all!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Tom, I just looked at your store and it has so many good designs. Do you mind me asking it has sold much for you?

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

here's mine. :] https://www.teepublic.com/user/JaymeArt

Not sure what following even does. Im following a couple of people but you dont really see more of their stuff or anything... I havent spent too much time looking around yet though.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

Oh, you can see the designs by people you are following from a link on the front page, but the link doesnt work from the dashboard though.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

cool. you have a bunch of stuff, Beane.

tomburns
1 design submitted -

Tom, I just looked at your store and it has so many good designs. Do you mind me asking it has sold much for you?

Eh, I have 80 designs (EIGHTY!) on there currently, and i generally get paid out $20-$30 bucks a month, which is not very good, but it's hard for me alone to get people who want to buy shirts over there without paying for advertising. So I am just limping along , hoping it will gain momentum over time.

My real hope is that Threadless's approach will be to sort of to enable storefronts like the teepublic model right here on threadless for artists that have been chosen to be printed here, and "feature" these artists in a way that makes us visible.

I honestly think if more people knew about where to buy my designs on stuff, I would sell alot more, the problem is simply the sheer volume of other designs we are drowning in.

Sites like society6 "game" the system too, (in my opinion, unfair to artists uploading to their site) in that new design uploads don't even appear in the "new" section unless the moderators allow it, so there is literally no way to become seen there unless you are allowed through. I am pretty positive that is why I only get like $5 buck maybe a month from there, even with a plethora of designs and so many products.

It's kind of pointless to try there unless you are making a particular style that they like, or already have a legion of people ready to purchase your stuff and just waiting on a direct link. (which is basically the only way you could find my stuff on there, unless you straight up googled "tom burns society 6", - which is also something no one would even know to do)

filgouvea
filgouvea profile pic Alumni

Cool thread and thanks for the tips. I created a store yesterday and already sold one shirt. I was like two years on society 6 and sold only 12$. DBH has worked well for me, next is red bubble.

radiomode
1 design submitted -
tomburns said:

Sites like society6 "game" the system too, (in my opinion, unfair to artists uploading to their site) in that new design uploads don't even appear in the "new" section unless the moderators allow it, so there is literally no way to become seen there unless you are allowed through. I am pretty positive that is why I only get like $5 buck maybe a month from there, even with a plethora of designs and so many products.

It's kind of pointless to try there unless you are making a particular style that they like, or already have a legion of people ready to purchase your stuff and just waiting on a direct link. (which is basically the only way you could find my stuff on there, unless you straight up googled "tom burns society 6", - which is also something no one would even know to do)

Tom, Society6 is curated by logarithm, not by staff. It is very fair, like Google. I believe The "new" section contains only artwork that is included in Society6 store.

After you posted your design, you will get email telling you that your design is now included in Society6 store, given that you pass the logarithm test. This means your design is going to appear on the "new" section. However just because you get the email minutes ago, it does not mean the design will appear on the 1st page of "new" section. It may appear on 10th or even 20th page. I can see why. There maybe 100 people get the same emails at any given time. From there you need to maintain enough number of promotion to slowly move to the 1st page of "new" section.
I think the system is very clever. It prevents Society6 from becoming another Zazzle or cafepress.
Having presence at Society6 is hard work and will take a LOT of time (making design, building audience, being patience, reviewing the sale, not giving up). However the reward is very promising. A year ago in their newsletter, it is mentioned that top artists earn close to $5000 a month. It is something you do once and reap for the rest of your life (or at least as long as the website is alive and it seems the website will live for long time)!
What I like about Society6 is that your destiny is determined by how bad you want it, how much work you want to put in. It is all depends on you, not by whether your design is liked and picked by some staff. There is a goal to reach and surprisingly, with a lot of work, it is reach-able.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?