Close
One second...

90's Tech was so awesome!!!!

Who doesn't remember the days when Discmans and MiniDisc players we hot property? I was a real techno geek back in the day and the height of my excitement was when Sony launched a £300 Discman with LCD remote and 45 second anti-skip technology. Back then i thought ' How can this ever be topped!!'

Silly me, Technology was always going to get wayyyyyyy better so and to celebrate my love for all things gadgets here is my first of probably many designs for the Geek Chic Challenge

I hope you enjoy

ANTI-SKIP

https://www.threadless.com/designs/anti-skip

Watch this
mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Thank you sir :-)

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

This is wonderful. I had a mini disc player and I had never even heard of one before my mom got me one for Christmas one year. Took me a while to figure it out, but it was pretty handy!

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

you should be printed more often.. this is a def $5

vectored_life

Hahaha nice job! I had a gold colored one back in the day.

nintechno
nintechno profile pic Alumni

lol

mip1980

Thanks people, it's strange but I kinda miss the old days when Sony would release new discmans, those we're exciting times :-)

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Going back further, to the mid 70s, there was this. The world's first "digital" camera.

"Here are some specs: The 8 pound camera recorded 0.01 megapixel black and white photos to a cassette tape. The first photograph took 23 seconds to create.

To play back images, data was read from the tape and then displayed on a television set:"

mip1980

What are you talking about Mike, that was just released here in the UK!!! i can't wait to put a down payment on this little beast!!

No account?
Join Us