Close
One second...

I'm Analyzing To Learn, Wanna Help?

Here are some threadstuffs that printed. They all have something that I can't do or inspired a question for me that I'd like an answer to. Please feel free to answer any of them.


Any idea how this was done?

.


Were these music symbols made with a symbol brush?

.


If I were to draw hair in illustrator without using a pen tablet, what would be the easiest way to do it? I have very shaky hands so the brush tool doesn't work that well for me.

.


Is this using mostly gradients?

.


Ear lines; made with a pen tablet/brush tool? If so, how can I get my lines this clean (shaky hands)?

.
.
.
Other Question: This guy expands the stroke of his lines to get the pointed tips. He uses the pen tool in illustrator 90% of the time; is there a different way to get this same look on the lines without expanding them? I run into problems when using expanded lines and regular lines at the same time


You've made it to the end! Thanks for your patience!


Any answer or suggestions helps.

Watch this
Zachonium

I'd say that the music symbols were all separate images that were warped and put on top of each other. That's how I would do it.

nerrik

Ear lines: I have shaky hands sometimes as well so I do quick strokes so they're smooth. If it doesn't work right the first time "Ctrl Z" and try again.

Actually, looking at it again I think they've used the pen tool and "simulate pen pressure" when they've stroked it.

vectored_life
nerrik said:

I think they've used the pen tool and "simulate pen pressure" when they've stroked it.

This is possible!?!? I must learn this! To the Google cave!!!

papaomaangas
2 designs submitted - Score now!

When it comes to line works, always use a pen tool, this makes clean lines. And I think you can use a broad brush to make lines expand at some point. And and and... this good guy Ronami introduced me to this great great great helpful site. Props to the man. Happy Drawing!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Double click the brush tool to adjust fidelity and smoothing. The higher the values, the more the tool will smooth your lines eliminating shakiness. With the blob brush tool you have the added option of controlling stroke width with pen pressure.

...or use the pen tool to draw the path and tweak line width with the width tool.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Is the elephant by Eric Fan? AFAIK he draws with pencils and scans the drawings in for coloring in Photoshop.

vectored_life

Got this site book marked now!

papaomaangas said:

When it comes to line works, always use a pen tool, this makes clean lines. And I think you can use a broad brush to make lines expand at some point. And and and... this good guy Ronami introduced me to this great great great helpful site. Props to the man. Happy Drawing!

Gonna play with those settings when I get home tonight

Morkki said:

Double click the brush tool to adjust fidelity and smoothing. The higher the values, the more the tool will smooth your lines eliminating shakiness. With the blob brush tool you have the added option of controlling stroke width with pen pressure.

...or use the pen tool to draw the path and tweak line width with the width tool.

...and I forgot to look, it was one of those random "Printed" side images on the site.
Morkki said:

Is the elephant by Eric Fan? AFAIK he draws with pencils and scans the drawings in for coloring in Photoshop.

vectored_life
Morkki said:

Is the elephant by Eric Fan? AFAIK he draws with pencils and scans the drawings in for coloring in Photoshop.

Looked it up, it is indeed.

No account?
Join Us