Close
One second...

Good News! You're Famous

I literally get one or two of these emails every day. What are they? Are people actually manually "following" me or is it some kind of automatic spam?

Watch this
dnice25

Whenever someone chooses to follow you on Threadless that's the confirmation email informing you.

tesco

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Looking at my profile it says I'm following 35 people - Preeeeety sure I never chose those 35 people to follow - so that must have happened automatically... or something?

Which makes me wonder how many of my 3079 (lol!) followers actually chose to follow me... you sure this doesn't happen somewhat automatically?

tesco

also, protip: don't bother following me, I'm boring!

Pyne
1 design submitted - Score now!

There is an option to automatically follow someone you've scored a five, or if you've purchased one of their shirts.

Pyne

And I'm following you now… :)

tesco
Pyne said:

There is an option to automatically follow someone you've scored a five, or if you've purchased one of their shirts.

ahh! that explains it. thanks!

Musarter
Pyne said:

Yeah, I turned off that preference super early on. My little world next to my shopping cart get's up to 8 and 12 sometimes; it can be exhausting.

Jake Friedman

Here's a quick fix, put a paper bag on your head, instantly not famous anymore!

Musarter

Man, I just noticed your sub to print ratio: 16 prints and 11 submissions. I bow before the Illuminati Emperor.

tesco

I got lucky :)

TheInfamousBaka
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I turned the email notifications off the first chance I got. Who would want to be bombarded with all of that on a daily basis? Blech.

Also, hi! :-D

tesco

thankfully gmail puts all those emails in a 'social' tab so I never really see them... it just didn't seem right I'm still getting 2+ follows a day... I mean who gives a ashit about me? I have'nt submitted anything in like 5 years.

also hi! I recognise your username, you must be old school like me lol

TheInfamousBaka
tesco said:

thankfully gmail puts all those emails in a 'social' tab so I never really see them... it just didn't seem right I'm still getting 2+ follows a day... I mean who gives a ashit about me? I have'nt submitted anything in like 5 years.

also hi! I recognise your username, you must be old school like me lol

7 years, 4 months! And just take it as a sign that people are buying your stuff. :-D Which is awesome!

tesco

I'd be amazed if any of my stuff sold out, let alone got a reprint. although that would be nice, you still get paid for that right? so much has changed

quick-brown-fox

Hello there. I think older reprints go by the old contract. The new fangled contract has royalties, percentages and things.

TheInfamousBaka

You get a percentage in royalties now. So if you have a top seller...

tesco

Ah I see. Unfortunately I'm not able to produce 'top sellers'... only reason I've got any prints at all is because Ross liked my stuff... which might be a contributing factor as to why he got laid off haha. "stop printing stuff you like and print some of this shit that will actually sell you idiot!"

briancook

Off topic: One of these days I wanna get a Tesco tattoo :D

gasponce

nice wiki! just followed you!

The Paper Crane
4 designs submitted - Score now!
tesco said:

I got lucky :)

Hay tesco. More prints then subs is more then lucky!!

Farnell

jesus Ross got laid off, well I'm stuffed then... he liked my stuff too!!

taz-pie

hi stinky dan!

tesco

Hi! No we never met but I heard all about you! Haha. I see your stuff pop up on reddit, good stuff, you're doing it!

No account?