Close
One second...

Scoring

sorry to say this, but I don't like scoring right now! it's not that I don't like it, I just don't really like how it's set up. I really loved powerscore. that was the fastest. at its most convenient, I could just keep one hand on the number keys and score away. why take that out? since there's so many designs to go through, it made sense to have the easiest way to vote on all of them, and powerscore was it.

I think the submission overview page is better than past iterations since we can score right on the page. but sometimes if I really like a design, I wanna read what the artist said or drop a comment. it'd be neat if the submission description was shown when you hover over it like the score buttons do. and maybe even a comment button that pops up a box to type and submit without ever going into the actual page. I only ever go to a submission page if I wanna scope out other comments.

I just want things to be fast and easy! but I'm betting I'll probably never vote through my laptop once the app launches. looking forward to that!

Watch this
Wharton
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I'm not too keen on the new scoring either, with the whole pop and pick from 6 subs. Stopping and thinking (even if its a plot second) about what I want to vote on seems way longer and harder than trolling through everything . Plus, if you want to cherry pick what you vote on you can do so in the overview scoring already.

When can an app start scoring on my behalf? Isn't there a personal algorithm than can make these decisions for me and choose comments from a pool of pre saved platitudes?

mike bautista
1 design submitted - Score now!

imagine netflix-like categorizing on threadless.

TheInfamousBaka

I can definitely see why designs are getting less votes with the new system. If people don't like it, they're not going to click which equals less overall views and less votes. But I think the good designs are floating to the top and it hasn't affected things much.

Voting on the sorted by average scoring page is my favorite and I just open the designs I want to see more of in a new tab. Though a "Quick View" of sorts would be pretty cool.

The Paper Crane

I understand that the current scoring system is a WIP. Makes no odds to me what happens with the app as I only have a stupid phone.

The Paper Crane

PS. On a personal level it is a bit frustrating that the shite scoring system coincides with me being on top of my game - imo of course! :)

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
2 designs submitted - Score now!

oh yeah I guess I should score your subs :P

briancook

Powerscore was the BEST.

Also...this blog topic isn't what I thought it would be. #disappointed

briancook

The extra click to score more designs seems like an unneeded step. It makes scoring designs even more cumbersome than before...hopefully the new app has a more fluid design scoring interface.

No account?