Close
One second...

Really?

I didn't expect to win the Words of Wisdom challenge and no offense to the winner I love the design but I hate that another word challenge prize was given to a great design and not a great slogan.

Watch this
rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

I know people are tired of me complaining but I needed to get this off my chest

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

when it comes to wearing something, I think I'd rather wear a good design over a good slogan. that stuff has to be presented nicely, otherwise it'd just look like you're either wearing a Spencer's tee or a fortune cookie. but it's all personal opinion anyway. what were good slogans? what were good designs? what subs did you want to get printed?

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

I agree with mike here - but you would think we've got enough talent here that there would be quite a few with a good slogan AND design...

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Agree great design a great words of wisdom would've been great to with a great design

rossmat8 said:

I know people are tired of me complaining but I needed to get this off my chest

thompson98

i think better designs should have won. i hope more are printed because there were so many designs worthy of winning

AnthonyMoore

I think it fit the Words of Wisdom challenge rather well.

The Challenge Was

Create a design for a t-shirt with your words of wisdom....

Design a tee with words of wisdom that inspire you.

Excerpt from the interview with the winner: As a designer, is not being “afraid of white space” something that really influences your work? I think all designers or any creative person has this fear or anticipation before starting a project. Fear of the white paper or screen that stares at you at every beginning, that white space that is challenging you. It has also a lot to do with procrastination, or how the sketches or doodles that you make before starting the “final” piece can be a way of postponing the actual work and eventually becoming the final design.

I liked her answer and can relate to it. Plus, the design looks great on a shirt! I'm not sure what you mean by "not a great slogan." I thought those were pretty good "words of wisdom."

rossmat8

To me it should have been an original saying but you guys made some great points. It is a great design and I'm glad it printed just was a little disappointed it wasn't something funny or catchy but that wasn't the challenge. Congrats to the winner and sorry for raining on her parade.

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I really like the design. I will say though that it's not the wisest of words and only really relevant to creative types rather then a wider audience. Saying that, it is obviously very relevant to the Threadless community.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
The Paper Crane said:

I really like the design. I will say though that it's not the wisest of words and only really relevant to creative types rather then a wider audience. Saying that, it is obviously very relevant to the Threadless community.

What I thought exactly. While I personally appreciate the design, any non-designer would never wear, or buy, the design.

gasponce
1 design submitted -
rossmat8 said:

To me it should have been an original saying but you guys made some great points. It is a great design and I'm glad it printed just was a little disappointed it wasn't something funny or catchy but that wasn't the challenge. Congrats to the winner and sorry for raining on her parade.

I think it has to do with the work space that "sponsored" the challenge if that is the correct term. I thought many other designs could be winners, but for the specific "sponsorship" I think this DID actually fit the challenge perfectly. (imo always).

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

^Yes that's true. I forgot there was a partner involved as well.

rossmat8

Didn't realize there was a partner thought this was completely threadless's call. Again congrats just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

No account?