Close
One second...

Boulder Dreams - Finishes 3.22 - thx

Finished scoring.

I was going to call it 'Dream Big' but did a quick google and Randy has a print of the same title?

Options:
Big Dreams
Aim High
High Aspirations
Bold Dreams

Oh wait, I think I've got it:

'Bolder Dreams' or should it be 'Boulder Dreams'

Final V

V2

V1

Watch this
Evancooleo

so awesome, I haven't seen this done before

The Paper Crane
1 design submitted - Score now!

Thanks Evan ;) Yes Soloyo, I was going to call it 'Dream Big'? Any feedback/opinions/crit welcome.

NDTank

I think it's great. I'd wear it

The Paper Crane

Does it need the title to explain the concept? Maybe it needs an old fashioned Fig 1. and then title underneath?

NDTank

I didn't even notice the title and it worked for me.

TheInfamousBaka

I think it's pretty straightforward and people will get it easily enough. :-) Though the little rock guy's eyes are a little hard to make out at first.

vectored_life

no title or fig diagram needed...I figured it out right away...there was a title? hint hint (don't need it).

goliath72

Have net seen anything like it creative!!

Evancooleo

"Rocky Dreams" maybe. I don't think the fig.1 is necessary - just my opinion though! 5$ all day

The Paper Crane

Thanks guys. So no fig then. @Baka yes wanted it to blend in well with the original illo but do you think it's too subtle?

TheInfamousBaka
The Paper Crane said:

Thanks guys. So no fig then. @Baka yes wanted it to blend in well with the original illo but do you think it's too subtle?

I think the eyes could stand to be a little bigger if you want them to be seen more easily, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to convey the concept.

goliath72

Mountain dreams Or Have boulder dreams

NDTank

I like boulder dreams

goliath72

;) awesome cabt wait to 5$ this

goliath72

;) awesome!

cant wait to 5$ this

Mantichore

maybe give the rock a a smile?

The Paper Crane

I've curled the mouth up a little at the end now - thanks Mantichore

nerrik

Awesome work. Boulder Future?

TheInfamousBaka

Glad you're going with Boulder Dreams, it's perfect. :-) And the eyes look great now.

The Paper Crane

Final version^

Thanks TIB

and thanks nerrick - I like 'future' too but feel 'dream' is more appropriate here as it is less definite and implies more of an unrealistic wish / delusions of grandeur.

macdoodle
TheInfamousBaka said:

Glad you're going with Boulder Dreams, it's perfect. :-) And the eyes look great now.

Yes! This is so cool!!

nerrik

What do you call that shading/line technique? I can't believe the detail. I have a "5" waiting for this. =]

The Paper Crane

Well I have to confess nerrik that I did not draw this but created the collage by patching together various vintage royalty free images from a 2nd hand book.

nerrik

Oh, that's a good idea actually. Turned out incredible!

NDTank

Regardless, incredibly well executed!

The Paper Crane

Cheers!

...oh and a fair bit of photoshop work to create the cloud shapes, add the eyes and generally tweak and manipulate.

pedro4

Believe in your self, Rock Climbing??

The Paper Crane

Finished 3.22 - not bad. I think a lot of people assumed I drew this, so just for the record, as I said before...

The Paper Crane said:

Well I have to confess nerrik that I did not dra w this but created the collage by patching together various vintage royalty free images from a 2nd hand book.

Going to get a few more subs out of this book.

c-royal

Gimme that book! ^^

No account?