Close
One second...

Feedback on my first submission

I tried submitting this yesterday and it bounced back because I didn't use the template. I'm an idiot, yes, but this is my first submission.
Feedback please? I was suggested to post on the forums to gain insightful feedback.

Watch this
GAZPACHO

I honestly can't tell what this is. Also this is way too simple and needs more body features. Also, it needs a concept. A great design can't just look good. As to not using the template, it seems fine to me. Did they just reject yours because it needed more work?

mickey1990

Is it that you can't see what it is, or that it needs more of a message..? I can see what it is, a figure in a cloak with is hand up in front, but then again I drew it and I'm close to the image. Thank you for your feedback, I did make it simple because it is a silhouette, but I can see what you mean by more detail as lots of designs are more detailed. (this is me kinda experimenting after all.)

Ballaro24

Hi and welcome! =) I like the usage of negative space (you can see this in the design i have open for scoring). In my opinion the left hand is not clearly understandable and the right one is a bit little respect to the body in my opinion! I think a tee design should be clear at the first sight! =)

mickey1990

Thanks for your opinion Ballaro. I am working on some new designs - sketching a lot waiting for a good idea to emerge. Hopefully I can get a design up for scoring some day soon. but I haven't given up on this design I will re-work it this weekend when I find time. I hope. If there are more opinions though, I would greatly appreciate them. :)

lazysundave
Ballaro24 said:

Hi and welcome! =) I like the usage of negative space (you can see this in the design i have open for scoring). In my opinion the left hand is not clearly understandable and the right one is a bit little respect to the body in my opinion! I think a tee design should be clear at the first sight! =)

I didn't get the left hand either. At first glance I thought it was a fist with the thumb sticking out. I like the idea though. Keep at it, and congrats on your first sub!

dnice25
lazysundave said:
Ballaro24 said:

I didn't get the left hand either. At first glance I thought it was a fist with the thumb sticking out. I like the idea though. Keep at it, and congrats on your first sub!

Yeah I would try to define the other arm more, maybe add some wrinkle details in the cape and play with some other color options. Red maybe? reminds me of little red riding hood a little. That could be the theme? Nice first sub great job!!!

mickey1990

Thanks guys, it actually got submitted for voting, but I have re worked it a bit after your opinions. Please vote on the original sub, but I don't know the process from here... can the voted on piece be replaced down the track, or should I just submit he reworked version tomorrow...?

No account?