Problems with my drawings

Hey guys,
So i am trying to design a t shirt and i drew it all in illustrator cause i feel like i draw better in it than photoshop and when i go to import it into photoshop and the template of the page then it starts to go a little bit blurry and the quality isn't great.
Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem? I have been dragging it out of illustrator where i drew it and dragging it into the photoshop template.
If anyone can help me out with this it would be great :)
Thanks!
Jess x

Watch this
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

You can copy the drawing from Illustrator and paste it to Photoshop. From the dialog box choose to paste as a Smart Object. That way you'll get a best possible result that you can scale at will in Photoshop.

But you also need to understand resolution and the difference between raster and vector graphics: vector graphics aren't locked to a certain pixel size. That's why you can zoom forever in Illustrator and you won't see pixels. But in Photoshop you are dealing with pixels. When you zoom in Photoshop shows the pixels bigger. But you don't have to worry about anyone looking at the submission image bigger than 100% magnification.

Jaded_Jesscorr
Morkki said:

You can copy the drawing from Illustrator and paste it to Photoshop. From the dialog box choose to paste as a Smart Object. That way you'll get a best possible result that you can scale at will in Photoshop.

But you also need to understand resolution and the difference between raster and vector graphics: vector graphics aren't locked to a certain pixel size. That's why you can zoom forever in Illustrator and you won't see pixels. But in Photoshop you are dealing with pixels. When you zoom in Photoshop shows the pixels bigger. But you don't have to worry about anyone looking at the submission image bigger than 100% magnification.

Even when i place it into photoshop as a smart object nothing changes, it is still coming out blurry. The bigger drawings look fine it is just when i scale it down to put on a shirt it comes out unfocused.

MudgeStudios
MudgeStudios profile pic Alumni

What size is your photoshop file? You may need to create a PS file that is much bigger (like your actual t-shirt design dimensions) and set it for 300 ppi. May be that your resolution for the required size may be too low. Good luck.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Once again, 1200x1200 pixels is 1200x1200 pixels regardless of dpi.

The point is, the little shirt on that template is small, with relatively few pixels. That is why it looks less detailed but that's okay. The shirt on the template is just to give an idea about proportions and placing, people will judge the the design by the big picture. If Threadless decides to print it then you can send them the original Illustrator file.

MudgeStudios
MudgeStudios profile pic Alumni

My bad... Didn't read her post thoroughly. Thought she was having serious issues with the final art.

Jaded_Jesscorr

Oh okay, thanks for the help guys, i think i got it, i kind of just put everything into my illustrator file and tried that, it seemed to work and they aren't blurry anymore :)

kuli_grafis

@Morkki.. you right, let's figure it self by her..how different is between smart object then pixel, keep making a good work! Cheer$

No account?
Join Us