Close
One second...

The quest for my first print: 3 out of 179 submissions currently up for scoring...

It has been a long, highly enjoyable journey but now is the time to succeed. This year is the year that I will rightfully gain my place amongst the other decorated alumni. I'm pushing myself by exploring different styles and subject matter. I will find the secret to conquer (or become better friends with) the elusive dragon!

Click here or the image above to be taken to my current designs that are up for scoring!
Or just look to the right sidebar to see them even faster.
Or just start posting cat photos like you know you want to.

Watch this
BeanePod

Damn dude, you been busy.

Theo86

I feel the same way about threadless, you def deserve a print!

SteveOramA

thanks guys! more to come soon too.

macdoodle
1 design submitted - Score now!

I would kill for a tenth of your ambition! Good stuff!!

RonanL
2 designs submitted - Score now!

The flying fuck is fantastic. The best one, in my opinion.

Wharton

Hi Steve. I don't think we've ever spoken before, but here goes.

I admire your spirit and think that in order to succeed you do need to really want it. But I think its better to work smarter rather than harder.

I'm not trying to bum you out or rip into you, I was just thinking that sometimes it takes some fresh eyes to take a look at your work and maybe point some things out, because sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees. A little while back I had an open thread to ask people where they thought I could improve and I had some great feedback that helped to push my work forward.

I'm not claiming to be an expert there are a few things that caught my eye while I was looking at your work:

The line work versus the scale of your illustration. I've noticed that a lot of the line work is very thin even when the scale of the work is quite large, I think this makes the illustrations look a little weak and the division between colours too close.

The line work is also quite wobbly. When I use my tablet I can never quite get the paint brush lines that I'm after so I tend to use the pen tool more often than not. Someone who I think does an ace job with line work and cross-hatching is gebe, his lines and shading are fantastic.

The last thing is that I think some of your ideas can appear quite rushed. I really like your concepts for 'in training', 'the element of surprise' and 'hot java dive' they come across as very Threadlessy. But I think some of your other ideas seem only half there.

I hope you don't mind me writing this but I thought it might be helpful.

goliath72

You are well deserving! I'm headed to vote for sure

SteveOramA

Hi Wharton. Thanks for applying your fresh eyes!

ChrisDB
Wharton said:

The line work versus the scale of your illustration. I've noticed that a lot of the line work is very thin even when the scale of the work is quite large, I think this makes the illustrations look a little weak and the division between colours too close.

I've got this same problem I think.

I really dig Double Dog Dare!

MudgeStudios
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I second the Double Dog Dare. I gave that one a solid 4 when it was up for scoring. Wharton had some keen observations and also gave some great advice. I've gotta try that whole work smarter thing.

Joe Conde
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I like Hantlers, it's another style of yours worth exploring. It's got real character. Man of Many Words also rocks! Good luck in your quest bro!

goliath72

WOW BUDDY!!!

SteveOramA

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback, guys!

Six designs just finished scoring and four more are now up!

SteveOramA

A ridiculous parody design just went up. I'm working on another one now as well.

SteveOramA

Another Ren & Stimpy design just went up. Score them all before they're gone!

goliath72

Headed over! Love log!

SteveOramA

A new Rugrats design is now up for scoring!

SteveOramA

A parody design for a french silent film + Super Mario is now up!

SteveOramA

A design about a game food chain is now up!

dnice25

WOW dude, you/re firing theses designs out!!!

dnice25

I really like food chain also!!

lunchboxbrain

LOVE THE HUSTLE, STEVE! Best of luck on your quest.

SteveOramA

A parody/mashup of Beavis & Butthead + Wayne & Garth is now up!

Also, A parody/mashup of Scarface + a laser cat is now up as well!

No account?