Zelda lovers give me some feedback!

Came up with this idea last night, tell me what you think!

Watch this
GAZPACHO
Looks like a crappy knockoff of the original.
joshthecartoonguy
Song of time gives it away pretty fast. If you're going the minimal route, how about having a selection of the songs. Also, the yellow notes look smaller than the blue. It'd be nice if there was more consistency in the size between them.
JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni
I think its got potential but currently its a bit simple. how about a the music staff being some how incorporated into an hour glass shape? Also I'm not so keen on the current colour scheme. Keep working on it, if nothing seems to be working then just leave it and move on.
gasaavedra
I was going on those colours becouse those are the original colors in the game! Thanks for the comments guys! really helped me out :)
gasaavedra
joshthecartoonguy said:Song of time gives it away pretty fast. If you're going the minimal route, how about having a selection of the songs. Also, the yellow notes look smaller than the blue. It'd be nice if there was more consistency in the size between them.
the diference between the notes wasnt an accident :P but I was thinking on changing it too! thanks for the advice!
Ryquardkun
If note lenght and their positioning over the staff are like in a real music sheet of the song, it is a great work!. Sadly i know little about music, so i dont know how the design is related to how the song sounds. I like how the coloring of the notes mentions the buttons used in the game, and the use of real musical symbols like the half note, the quarter note, the clef. Maybe it needs to stand out a little bit more? But is pretty cool!
sausage_moe
well...I'd say do it more like this: but then it will be exactly like the original. In general I don't like the idea too much since it will either be too abstract to get or the same as in the game. Or kinda in between, like it is now. Not bad, but not excellent either. Hope you get what I'm trying to say here.. If you want to continue I would suggest changing the key. Or is there a reason for the bass? Drop the bass ;)
gasaavedra
I´ll give a shot to what you said! thank you very much! :)
gasaavedra
gasaavedra
BASS OF TIME instead of song of time?
NDTank
NDTank profile pic Alumni
This design is currently up for scoring. See how they've brought something new to the table. Find something to set yours apart from the original, make it your own. For example, brainstorm the concept of time...day, night, clocks, watches, hourglass, sundials, am, pm, how do people interact with time, how do people manipulate time ... and think about how you can bring this back to Zelda and the Song of Time.
sausage_moe
came back to poste that albertoarni design...