Close
One second...

Breaking Bard - Critiques Needed

"Sayeth my name."
"...Shakespeare."
"Thou art god damn RIGHT."

For the legendary playwright/meth kingpin in all of us...

Watch this
GAZPACHO

Can't imagine this looking good on a shirt. Awesome drawing tho!

Zodieak

I think it is really cool, how do you add so much detail in his face?

Nick_Nightshade
GAZPACHO said:

Do you have any critiques that might rectify this? Thanks!

Zodieak said:

Nothing fancy, just time, studies, and references.

GAZPACHO

I mean its amazing art don't get me wrong but I don't think its meant to be on a shirt. Unless you drew the entire face including the hair and just cropped it, it would look off on the shirt.

Dread_Reaper said:
GAZPACHO said:

Do you have any critiques that might rectify this? Thanks!

Zodieak said:

Nothing fancy, just time, studies, and references.

Davelong88

The writing alongside the element symbols is more 'miami vice' or 'Drive' than shakespeare. Perhaps breaking out of the box limitation and make it more of a spot illustration, it would be nice to see aspects of how Will Shakespeare would create meth back in them days lol. perhaps variations on the RV or the lab equipment? I love puns and word plays so would like to see this evolve :)

Nick_Nightshade
Davelong88 said:

The writing alongside the element symbols is more 'miami vice' or 'Drive' than shakespeare. Perhaps breaking out of the box limitation and make it more of a spot illustration I love puns and word plays so would like to see this evolve :)

So this was the image that I based it on. I had figured this would be the best way to get the image across.

I am not really sure how else to bring this across. I have seem similar merchandise of this image on a yellow shirt so its not really in a "box" per say, but that brings up GAZPACHO's point about it looking weird. I had considered putting this on a black background, but I am not sure how to proceed...

I do agree about the font though, I am planning on changing it.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

how does it look on the shirt? kind of hard to judge without a layout...

also, Breaking Bad isn't all that popular anymore... the craze is over.... trust me, i live in Albuquerque...

Nick_Nightshade
Ryder Revolution said:

Right you are, so here is a layout mock-up.

I also went about changing the font to something a little more appropriate (was going for the hand-written look before, didn't look right in the end).

Does this give a better idea of how it would look?

also, Breaking Bad isn't all that popular anymore... the craze is over.... trust me, i live in Albuquerque...

I get that I may be a little tardy to the party, but hopefully this will appeal to more than just the immediate fan-base of the show.

GAZPACHO

Really doesn't work on a shirt. The head cuts off sharply and the rectangle doesn't look good on a shirt.

Dread_Reaper said:
Ryder Revolution said:

Right you are, so here is a layout mock-up.

I also went about changing the font to something a little more appropriate (was going for the hand-written look before, didn't look right in the end).

Does this give a better idea of how it would look?

I get that I may be a little tardy to the party, but hopefully this will appeal to more than just the immediate fan-base of the show.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

yeah unfortunately that design's horizontal layout and box format doesn't play well on a tee

Nick_Nightshade

Okay, so do you think there might be a way to salvage the concept with a different design? I mean, I went with the horizontal design because of the reference image, but I could certainly do a full face and change the position of the wording to get away from the horizontal box format. I am open to suggestions at this point, since it seems the current design isn't going anywhere.

GAZPACHO

I would draw the full face but as to the text and element squares, I would draw them and maybe put it under?

Dread_Reaper said:

Okay, so do you think there might be a way to salvage the concept with a different design? I mean, I went with the horizontal design because of the reference image, but I could certainly do a full face and change the position of the wording to get away from the horizontal box format. I am open to suggestions at this point, since it seems the current design isn't going anywhere.

cientifico

Apart from the all the comments above, I'm not sure about the fonts you use. I think it would be better with Arial (as the chemical symbols), in my opinion.

Would you be interested in Superbomb?

No account?