Close
One second...

Is this hard to read? (Collab with nintechno Submitted)

Updated #2

Updated #3

Updated #4

Updated #5

Updated #6

Updated #7

It says "My Cat has a PH.D. in String Theory"

Watch this
_EffinSweet_

i struggled with the PHD part the rest wasnt too bad

NDTank

It is too hard to read. I recently had difficulty with something similar.

Wharton offered this advice.

a) make the line weight of the (yarn) lighter when it's not a word or if the line is going behind or across letters. This will give the type a dynamic between what should be read and what shouldn't, making it more legible (in theory anyway)

Maybe it will help you.

kdidj

Yes, it's not that clear. You might want to alter the line thickness between the letters (making those bits appear further away and therefore thinner) in order to make the wording stand out. Just my 2 cents!

Theo86
1 design submitted - Score now!

thanks for the advice, I will re work this and try to make it as easy as possible to be able to read it.

Wharton always gives great advice. :-)

Theo86

updated, any easier to read?

vectored_life

It's definitely easier to read. To me there are a few spots that are still a little difficult:

Between "cat has" and between all of "PH. D"

Looking good though, loving the new version too.

goliath72
4 designs submitted - Score now!

I struggle with reading it to be honest

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

its a little difficult

Theo86

thanks for the feedback, I am tempted to not have the font string together, really hard to get this to work. : / any suggestions?

SteveOramA

It is a little difficult to make out. Maybe if you dropped half of the line of text below it and made all of it bigger. This could help to make it more legible. Hope that helps!

Theo86

ok thanks SteveOramA, took your advice. Easier to read? if not then I am going to give up on stinging the text together and make it normal font.

Christina.A.art

Much easier to read! Can you give him a tail?

Theo86

thanks Christina.A.art, glad its easier to read, hopefully everyone else can read it easier also. And yes will add a tail. :)

Christina.A.art

He's cute :) What if you took the gray from the yarn ball and filled that color in his inner ears.

SteveOramA

You know what? Now that I see it bigger on two lines, which definitely works better, I'm wondering if you can drop the Ph.D. and make it just PhD...

Theo86

updated, is that what you meant with the ears Christina.A.art? also took the first . out in Ph as SteveOramA suggested, any thoughts on update?

vectored_life

The PhD looks a lot better after the update.

Theo86

thanks theillustratorman, finally updated this and added a lab coat. How does the update look?

khavall

Keep the whiskers, they got lopped off when you put on the lab coat.

Theo86

thanks khavall, didn't see that until you mentioned it. I think I am going to keep the lab coat out of this? Looking ready to submit? or work on it a bit more?

No account?