Close
One second...

Speed Inking Videos - by me ;)

I would like to show you some videos I made while I was inking some illustrations.
The videos are on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hafaell87

Do you have something like this? I'd love to see it.

Watch this
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I did not realize you used actual brushes in your work, as opposed to PhotoChop trickery. I am even more impressed now. Thanks for sharing.

Christina.A.art

Thanks for sharing pretty cool. For some reason the batman video doesn't work for me. I would like to know... what that tattoo is on your hand? :)

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

so inspiring. I'd love to work more with ink. What pens/supplies/ink do you use? Is there a better brand out there?

thanks for the videos!

hafaell
hafaell profile pic Alumni
campkatie said:

so inspiring. I'd love to work more with ink. What pens/supplies/ink do you use? Is there a better brand out there?

thanks for the videos!

Hey, hey ;) This is my gear: "chinese ink I don't know the name cuz it's in some chinese language", UniPin pen 0.05, 0.1, 0.2... (it's nice. It's water proof and cheap), my brush is a Raphael 8404 #1. Hope it hepls you. :)

Christina.A.art said:

Thanks for sharing pretty cool. For some reason the batman video doesn't work for me. I would like to know... what that tattoo is on your hand? :)

Hey, Chris. Please try this link: http://youtu.be/gHp0RMVj4y4 The tattoo is a heptagon, related to the year 2007. The year I met my girlfriend. :)

Musarter said:

I did not realize you used actual brushes in your work, as opposed to PhotoChop trickery. I am even more impressed now. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I got much faster at inking traditionally than I did digitally. I think the real brush so smooth and more controllable.

Sorry my bad english, guys.

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

thanks, I'll look into these!

Daviisilva

Thank you for sharing the process! I'm a big fan of your inking style, one of my favorite references when it comes to finishing with brushes! I doubt someone can have a better and natural result using PS brushes as opposed to a real brush... Congrats on your mindblowing work!!

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

I love your skills man, I also love how you hold the paper with the back of the pen... found it terribly useful and simple, awesome.

chuckpcomics
chuckpcomics profile pic Alumni

sometimes I feel its pointless to complement amazing artists cuz it's like "yeah I am awesome whatever" but here goes anyway. love you stuff, very nice and mysterious!

No account?
Join Us