Close
One second...

Changes At Threadless HQ

I just made one of the most difficult decisions in the 13 years since Threadless began. As a result of this decision, I had to let many of my friends and colleagues know that they no longer have a place here working at Threadless.

Over the past few years, we've experimented with new and exciting ways to create meaningful, game-changing opportunities for artists. While some of these initiatives worked really well, others did not. Today, we stop working on some of the projects that weren’t clear winners. We know now where we need to be investing our time and effort, and I believe these are the key projects that will propel Threadless forward.

Looking ahead, we aim to provide the best place in the world for artists to share and monetize their work. We’ve made more progress this year on our platform than we have in many previous years and will continue to raise the bar on creating the best experience possible for artists and their supporters.

Here’s a gigantic thank you to those we've parted ways with today. I know they’ll all go on to do amazing things and I can’t thank them enough for all of their hard work at Threadless. On behalf of everyone here at Threadless, I also thank everyone in the community for the continued support. These are the moments that define us and we couldn’t do it without all of you.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
micheleficeli

Hope they can find an equally awesome place to work. Good luck people!

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

:((

ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni

Sad news but I can only imagine how hard is to run such a successful business as threadless and since you don't come across as one of those heartless businessman, I can only imagine how tough it was to make that decision. Good luck to the ones that left and to the ones that remained, I'm sure everything will turn out to be just right in the end!

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

Having Threadless on their resumes will surely help a lot in finding a new job. OT: I miss Festa and his funny elf videos. :)

Raid71
Raid71 profile pic Alumni

Sad news, good luck to the people who are leaving

Manupix

This is super sad indeed. I wish all the best to everyone involved.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

Good luck <3 Is the adorable Jeff in the list?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Thanks to all those that helped make Threadless AWESOME

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Oh no! Letting a lot of people go is rough for those who stay too.

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

Crap, i haven't been active here for a while, but that's really sad to hear. Best of luck to those of you that can't stay on:(

nathanwpyle at gmail.com
nathanwpyle at gmail.com profile pic Alumni

This is heavy news. I think you all are the best people in the world.

SPYKEEE
SPYKEEE profile pic Alumni

:(

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

<3

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

wow

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

All my best to those that are gone. It has got to be wicked hard to lose a dream job. I hope they all land awesome gigs quickly!!

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

davidfromdallas
davidfromdallas profile pic Alumni

Can't imagine how hard this must be. My thoughts are with the entire threadless family.

opippi
opippi profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Tha's sad.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Sad news, thank you and good luck to all. Hoping for the best all around.

_EffinSweet_
_EffinSweet_ profile pic Alumni

sad day indeed. i am sorry to hear about this and i wish all that are affected all the best for the future. Strength!

C86
C86 profile pic Alumni

This is really sad news, and it must've been a tough decision amongst such a tight group of friends and colleagues. Over 8-9 years ago when I originally joined Threadless, it was the community that inspired my interests to become a designer. I want to wish those involved all the best for a bright future ahead

Wheels03
Wheels03 profile pic Alumni

Wow, really sad to hear this news. I've been slowly regaining my creativity thanks to Threadless and this definitely hurts. The community here is amazing and I regret not being as involved with it over the years since I stumbled across here back in 2005. Best of luck to you all!

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

very sad news. threadless is an amazing community that i'm glad to be part of. i've attended two meetups and everyone is so super kind. best of luck to those who are leaving. :(

parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

bummer.

hopefully everything works out for those folks and threadless 8)

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

:( Best of luck to everyone!

NDTank
NDTank profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Good luck everyone, I wish you all the best...

gasponce
1 design submitted -

sucks :(

taz-pie

Awww man. It's so hurty when your family is hurty

bcrider
FRICKINAWESOME said:

Dang. I'd like to muster up something more positive for those that are no longer employed at Threadless, and of course I wish them the best and hope they go on to bigger and better things.....but dang. I honestly don't know how to feel about this right now other than sad. One can only hope in the end this change makes all parties involved stronger.

This. Because I can't word right now. I'm sad.

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

Sad news indeed. Good luck to all who are leaving.

taz-pie

Jake, I wish I could go for a pizza and a beer with you guys. Your hearts must be breaking.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of something meaningful to say here. Truth is, the Threadless community is so singular, so unique in this world, that I don't think any platitudes can truly apply. Having twice lost a job, I know the feeling all too well, but to leave this company, Taz is right, it must really heart-breaking for both those who are leaving and those who remain. I sincerely wish everyone effected the best of luck as they step into the next part of their lives.

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

Sad news, and best wishes to all affected.

mohacsy
mohacsy profile pic Alumni

i don't know who but i really wish everyone well, I've had so many great experiences here so it's sad to think that people who've helped make this place so special have to be let go:(

kimkong1014
kimkong1014 profile pic Alumni

This is sad. good luck guys! :-(

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I am sorry to hear this for everyone involved. I wish everyone the best in the transition. I hope new opportunities turn into great things for the people moving on.

Mountain Gnome

aw man sucky news... Good luck to those who have to leave....

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

Good luck everybody..

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

This kind of situation is never easy. I've been there a few times so I can relate. Sorry to all those in the Threadless family that were affected and here's hoping tomorrow is better.

WanderingBert
WanderingBert profile pic Alumni

Oh man :(

Good luck to everyone affected. You've all helped make my Threadless experience awesome and I hope you go on to find amazing new opportunities.

adamwhite
adamwhite profile pic Alumni

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
aled said:

I'm a bit dumbstruck. I think the community will be shocked when they hear some of the names leaving. People - friends - who have come to epitomise Threadless since I joined in 2006. The company and community will be a poorer place without..

My sentiments exactly. Most of the folks who are leving are close friends, so I feel hurt for them. The sad fact also that these guys and gals are what I considered the heart and soul of Threadless, and them leaving takes away from the nostalgic and loyal feeling I always had for this place.

Without knowing the exact business reasons I can't really comment on this decision, nor is it my place to say whose gone, but I can say I am shocked that some of those effected have been there for almost 10 years.

All that being said, Jake is also one of those friends, and I am sure this is the shittiest thing he has had to do since starting it all.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
Mr Rocks said:

Without knowing the exact business reasons I can't really comment on this decision, nor is it my place to say whose gone, but I can say I am shocked that some of those effected have been there for almost 10 years.

All this vagueness and subterfuge has me intrigued: who was let go?

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni

my best wishes for everyone. keep it up!

JacquesMaes
JacquesMaes profile pic Alumni

Sad to hear this news, the employees are the face of Threadless and a big part of it's identity. They reflect the awesomeness of this business which gives artists the trust to commit themselves and join in. Best of luck to those affected..

Gamma-Ray
Gamma-Ray profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

very sad news. ;( wish them the best!

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Wow this is very sad to read. I wish each and everyone of you guys the best! Thank you for being such inspirations in my life! Also, know that the best outcomes always arrive after hard struggle! Never stop on being the awesome people that you are! Keep on doing amazing things!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us