Samurai Sushi FINSHED SCORING!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Really cool Chris. Only comment is that maybe it needs something around the samurai to help with the composition weight. What about a nice big sun, clouds or/and mountain?

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

every sushi stuff is a sure print :D

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
The Paper Crane said:

Really cool Chris. Only comment is that maybe it needs something around the samurai to help with the composition weight. What about a nice big sun, clouds or/and mountain?

This

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Im pretty sure whatever you do for finishing work, it'll turn out aces!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
The Paper Crane said:

Nice one Rick, a nice finishing touch. Thanks.

Thanks everyone!

tohellandback

to be honest i thought the dragon was a reindeer, because of the kind of antlers you added to the head. i guess it may work better with horns.

Wharton
tohellandback said:

to be honest i thought the dragon was a reindeer, because of the kind of antlers you added to the head. i guess it may work better with horns.

Reindeer huh? I might try some straight horns just to see, but I quite like these.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I like the antlers too! Usually eastern dragons have those in lieu of horns.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

great idea!

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
TheInfamousBaka said:

I like the antlers too! Usually eastern dragons have those in lieu of horns.

Yes to your antlers for sure.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

awesome work!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

This is great I was working on a collab with the same concept this is great though i might have to scratch my collab :) good luck!

ChrisDB

Amazing!!

parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

i feel like the mustache should be long and thin and the sword should be a little thinner and have a straight edge point more like a samurai sword.

looks good tho 8)

Christina.A.art

I'd like to see a pop of color other than black and white:)

PeculiarTiffany

And give the dragon a little mustachio.

Wharton

Ooooo moustashe! Thanks I would have forgotten that. I'm going to work some colour into this tomorrow and post it up to the empty forum tomorrow and then basically do what I want and then sub it on monday.

What are you guys up to tonight? In the UK its about drinking time and I just had me a

littlem

looks delicious

Wharton

Don't you mean deRicious?

Cue megaton laughter.

littlem
Wharton said:

Cue megaton laughter.

*SLAPCHOP

littlem
littlem said:
Wharton said:

Cue megaton laughter.

*SLAPCHOP

i mean *SRAPCHOP

littlem

you a$$hore

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

This is fab, you are getting pretty good at this sir.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

I officially give this the mip seal of approval but on a more serious side note - can you please stop being so damn good, some of us would like to get printed too :-p

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

Once this design gets printed, I will eat the shirt right away. Yum!

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

very nice - I'm digging it as is, but I'm sure color will make it even better.

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

this is awesome will $5 it when it goes up, though would be interested to see some color in it also.

khavall

I really like the idea and the way its drawn! my only critique is when I first saw it, I thought that was a wolf head instead of a dragon. Then I realized it was supposed to be a dragon after I saw the body.

Wharton

OK, so I've introduced a little colour but I want to keep this minimal and restrict it to red, white and black. Thoughts?

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

yes very cool limited color pallet

PeculiarTiffany

Still no mustache on the dragon? Also, the sun fits atop the dragon too perfectly, so it looks like Mr. Samurai is in an orange globe.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Those colors are a good match. Would be nice to see it on a template to get a feel of balance & "volume" taken by the sun. Just thinking loud, and did you try keeping the liens of character, those who how are now filled with color, white? Probably won't do it but he seems to be "eaten" a wee too much in this version?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
TheInfamousBaka said:

Still no mustache on the dragon? Also, the sun fits atop the dragon too perfectly, so it looks like Mr. Samurai is in an orange globe.

This. But if you give the samurai feet that go outside the circle it might be enough to move the sun to the background.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

Agree with Tiff and Morkki, it would be nice if he was breaking the frame of the circle a little, maybe just the sword.

parallelish

i would just move the sun down a little and maybe add his feet standing on the dragon

and i still think the samurai needs a fu manchu style mustache, the current one makes him look english

parallelish

unless you wanted him to look english, which you may have idk

either way its lookin real good 8)

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

I Really like the simple color palette. The color and the sun shout Japan which is awesome. a few things. I don't like that you can't see his feet, its a WIP, so maybe you haven't gotten there yet. Also I think the sun should slide down a bit so it looks like it is behind the dragon and not sitting on top of him. Also maybe a few spots of well designed blood here and there in the white space would look nice. (2-3 tops).

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

Yep, I was thinking black, white and red would be really nice. Agree with others - bring sun down a bit, make his feet show and more mostashness!

Wharton

OK ok ok. I've jiggled this around a little more. Thanks for all the input guys. So moustaches all round (with an asian version this time), I've shifted the sun (literally) and brought the feet forward.

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

LOOK SO GREAT!!! LOVE IT!!

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

amazing work Wharton!

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

Loving it.

Maybe add a very minimal style back ground black line work only of a temple and bonzia trees.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

changes good, color nice, would some white on the warrior bring it out from the orange a little.

Wharton

Yeah, I did try out a mount fuji, pagoda thing, but I think less might be more in this instance. I also have a white line/ stroke version on the samurai but again it looked a bit odd. I think I'm just about ready to go with this. Thanks so much for you input everyone!

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

Dude, I really really like this

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us