Close
One second...

need some.. well.. tips :)

so Im trying to submit my first design here, and I guess it needs some more work done on it. so if any of you guys got some good pointers and tips on how to make it a little bit better, in any way, Im open for any suggestions.
tnx in advance :)

Watch this
chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Can you show us?

ziggi247

yeah.. I guess I need also a freakin way on uploading the pic so you guys can actually help me.... 'o_o

papaomaangas
2 designs submitted - Score now!
chuck p comics said:

Can you show us?

yess, that's also my first tip, show us your wip.

papaomaangas
ziggi247 said:

yeah.. I guess I need also a freakin way on uploading the pic so you guys can actually help me.... 'o_o

upload it in a photo sharing site, and share us the link/image url.

papaomaangas

The circle and arrow vectors doesn't work. Also the splatters. And I don't know about the butt chinned face. Move on to other idea buddy.

kristerpelly
kristerpelly profile pic Alumni

I'd say look at stuff that's trending on threadless to better choose a topic for your design. This is just random and weird :/

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

In all honesty this looks like a collection of photoshop brushes lumped together. Paint splashes, spray can drips and concentric circles are a little bit dated and not usually the type of thing you'd find on Threadless. There seems to be a lot of arbitrary choices here. Your illustrated face is out of kilter with the other styles going on here and the colour choices are far from harmonious.

I think the first thing you need to do is just take a wander around the shop and see what Threadless is selling, this will give you a scope for the style and quality of work they're looking for. The second thing is to have a clear idea of the concept you're trying to visualise, you want to create something unique and interesting or just plain beautiful. Take your time with your work and keep refining your style.

papaomaangas
Wharton said:

In all honesty this looks like a collection of photoshop brushes lumped together. Paint splashes, spray can drips and concentric circles are a little bit dated and not usually the type of thing you'd find on Threadless. There seems to be a lot of arbitrary choices here. Your illustrated face is out of kilter with the other styles going on here and the colour choices are far from harmonious.

I think the first thing you need to do is just take a wander around the shop and see what Threadless is selling, this will give you a scope for the style and quality of work they're looking for. The second thing is to have a clear idea of the concept you're trying to visualise, you want to create something unique and interesting or just plain beautiful. Take your time with your work and keep refining your style.

This guy here is awesome. Take his advice. Good luck!

NikEnglishArt

I agree with everything said before. Just one more tip that might help you.

Have you ever heard of visual tangents? It is an element of design and you have quite a few of them going on here. Anytime you have 2 lines almost touching or very close to touching it is unsettling to the viewer and a design No No. A few that catch my eye are his lip to the circle, the line dot element going down to it nearly touching the arrow, the circle lining up against the side of his face.

When you are designing you should always keep in mind things like that to make your design better! This is just a tip to help you with your designs. Good Luck!

No account?