Close
One second...

'Monstrocity' - LAST DAY FOR SCORING!!

Hey guys,

NOW UP FOR SCORING HERE:
http://www.threadless.com/threadless/monstrocity-2/

"This monster walked into the noir city of the 1920s and loved it so much, that it decided to carry it around everywhere! Now the happy monster can't stop smiling :)"

Thank you all for the very helpful WIP inputs and those who've already scored and commented!!

Watch this
chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

First one for me! Really cool!

leseed

nice design, i choose the third one

alternik

Thanks guys...Any more opinions?

gasponce
4 designs submitted - Score now!

at the begining I thought the first but the third might work better on a tshirt. U should try different tshirt colours to see what looks best! the second one is a no from me! cute btw!

gasponce

sorry didn't read the part with the tshirts! so as they are I think the third favours your design best. Now if you lighten the background of the first one I really love the blue hue of the city! so up to you! good luck!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I'd try blue city on the slate shirt. Maybe try a blue shirt too so the colours comes through on the building. Very cute though. I like this

thegoodpope
thegoodpope profile pic Alumni

I like it on slate! But I'd give digsy's advice a try too... at the very least try giving the grey a blue tint. Love your character and shading though!

alternik
gasponce said:

at the begining I thought the first but the third might work better on a tshirt. U should try different tshirt colours to see what looks best! the second one is a no from me! cute btw!

Thanks, gasponce...I'm now ruling out the green option too.

alternik
digsy said:

I'd try blue city on the slate shirt. Maybe try a blue shirt too so the colours comes through on the building. Very cute though. I like this

Thanks Digsy, I'd tried those too.

Blue city on slate:

and with a blue shirt:

But I'd put these options aside myself...But now I'm thinking. Man, this is confusing! and thanks thegoodpope! Really appreciate it :)

chuck p comics
1 design submitted -

It's totally up to you but that blue one is the best

chuck p comics
1 design submitted -

Although maybe make the red slate?

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

Lovin the blue!

khavall

Cool idea but the styles seem to conflict. You have the style of the mouth and then the style of the character, they look foreign together. Use the white outline with the rest of the character. Maybe have some dark red/black around the corners inside the mouth so that its not all red and it looks like it has some depth and begins to show a tongue.

Christina.A.art

My favorite is the kelly green...you could even try the blue city on kelly green if not.... second choice for me would be slate with blue city teeth

gasponce

both look great! maybe try a brown tee or the "olive" colour tshirt. It might be an unexpected choice but still come up great- or not! good luck!

alternik

Thanks y'all! This was really helpful.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Slate or blue. The red mouth is a bit strong got me though - either try a different red or maybe a darker grey instead. It you could try the whole thing on a red shirt but I see other people are also suggesting loads of colour ideas and if you try too many it can get confusing!

Milan_

Great stuff, slate one if you ask me. But looks great on blue too. Cheers!

Emilie_Boisvert

Really cute!

Perhaps harder edges for the shading in the monster's fur and well defined line-art contouring the little guy's mouth might tie the design together seamlessly. If you follow the strong lines that you have going on with the buildings it may be all that's missing to really pull it together.

PaperLirium

Cool smile!, I like the blue one.

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

This is really cute my friend!!!

alternik

Last day bump!

No account?