Close
One second...

My design was rejected because they thought it could do with some more work. Please give me some constructive critisism!

Hello. My name is Iggy and I am 12 years old.

Basically I made this design called 'Controversial' (design is below) and it was rejected becuase of:

'Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that will give it the best shot.'

Could you folks all give me a hand? I love to create art, and show it to people, and I thought this would be a great first shot!

This is the design:

Hope you like it and please give me suggestions!

Watch this
TheChloeConundrum

Hey there Iggy!

Well, why don't we start with plain white base so your animals can stand out more, instead of blending in with their background.

Also, maybe try some interaction between them? After all, they are using each other's way of normal communication, so maybe add some confused expressions to really bring out what you're trying to say.

You're doing a great job, so never give up!

Chloe x

1rabbit
TheChloeConundrum said:

Hey there Iggy!

Well, why don't we start with plain white base so your animals can stand out more, instead of blending in with their background.

Also, maybe try some interaction between them? After all, they are using each other's way of normal communication, so maybe add some confused expressions to really bring out what you're trying to say.

Chloe x

this is really good advice - I'd try just facing the cat toward the dog, to convey the communication that chloe suggested - the white background I agree with wholeheartedly as well - try those and see what happens

1rabbit

I jsut saw what you trying to do with the speech bubbles as well and matching the colours - you can try shapes - so like jigsaw puzzle peices might be cool (kinda corny) but still it would help to show that "they're out of place"

Iggsdaman
TheChloeConundrum said:

Hey there Iggy!

Chloe x

I am not sure what you mean by a plain white base. Could you explain more?

TheChloeConundrum

A plain white base is just a white background, like if this art was to be put on a white shirt :) x

TheOrdinarySketcher

Add a little texture to each color in the background.

Megadino250

I find it hard to read the words, perhaps make them bolder or something? the dog looks cool btw. :) ;) good luck

Iggsdaman

Thank you everybody!

No account?