How to avoid copyright issues? - Big Lebowski WIP

What's the best way to avoid copyright issues with TIME magazine and this design? I've tried hiding as much of the text as I could to avoid the reference, but it just doesn't look right to me.

Any suggestions or should I go back to the drawing board?

BTW, the ink is suppose to be metallic to give somewhat or a mirror effect

Watch this
timpunny

Kind of makes the words look like a candy cane...but you might want to come up with a different way to get the idea across. I understand the concept but you also have to think about the shirt placement. As a general rule of thumb, try to avoid using huge rectangles because it looks pretty awkward on a shirt.

Wheels03
Wheels03 profile pic Alumni

Yeah, the stripes are only there to hide the fact that it reads TIME. The final submission wouldn't have white and red stripes, just the red text with lines, but it still looks off to me. Like I said before, I may drop the idea altogether and focus on something new.

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

Well sometimes on the cover, they choose the letters to be behind the person instead of in front, so that means the person's head actually might covers up some or most of "TIME". (minus the two triangles of the top of the M.) It can be pretty funny sometimes. I think we would still know what we're looking at even though TIME is covered.

OR

No account?
Join Us