Close
One second...

My Misspent Youth... 2 more days! (+ Frontier Pattern now scoring)

Now scoring!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Mantichore
2 designs submitted - Score now!

make the 'gaming' part yellow and bigger, a pac-man reference will make more sense. Else it's just a pie chart... And 'else' is not spelled 'eles' :)

The Paper Crane
4 designs submitted - Score now!

Regarding Pacman: I thought about it but did not go that route for the following reasons:

1). Google it and you will find endless pacman pie charts all saying "85% of pie charts look like pacman"

2). Threadless has had all previous pacman designs pulled due to copyright infringement.

The Paper Crane

(The colours are based on the classic SNES Zapper)

The Paper Crane

I could present it as a donut chart to avoid the pacman association but would then need to rethink title.

Theo86
1 design submitted - Score now!

I agree with Mantichore, gaming be a pac-man reference would be awesome.

NDTank

Maybe other gaming circles could work? Chomps or pokeballs?

Or you could have classic gaming elements within the circle. Characters in the grey, food (like in Santo76's design) in the light grey, z's in the orange. I like the color scheme though, so maybe you could do all of those silhouetted in a darker shade of each pie slice.

It just needs something more.

NDTank

NDTank

Looks good!

Only thing I might suggest is trying to size up the text just a bit. Not sure if that would look better or not

littlem

Pokepie looks good!

Theo86

I like this direction better.

v.calahan

Pokeball works fine!

Christina.A.art

Could always make pokemon character coming out of it or like a pikachu ear or something sticking out maybe his tail....

littlem

You could put 'battling' for the red part and sleeping for the white. Just a thought.

tohellandback

sorry but i dont understand. why a pokeball?

The Paper Crane
tohellandback said:

sorry but i dont understand. why a pokeball?

The basic idea is a pie chart of how a gamer spends their day.

I know the title of the original helped it make sense 'My Life as Pie' (I hope!). Then when I did the pokeball it went a bit off track but maybe a title could help. Now a Pacman version which makes sense but concerned about copyright.

What now? Maybe a Mario plant pie chart [boom - my head just exploded!!!]

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Staff

I'm into the Pokeball, just cause I haven't seen it done before, or at least as often as the pacman pie chart. Or... just do both and sub separately? Can't hurt.

The Paper Crane
redhandedjillian said:

I'm into the Pokeball, just cause I haven't seen it done before, or at least as often as the pacman pie chart. Or... just do both and sub separately? Can't hurt.

Yes I did think that. What about the title? I liked 'My life as Pie' but now it seems like 2 pop references (PI and pokemon or pacman) together might be confusing.

'My gaming life' 'Miss spent youth' '8 bit life'

?

The Paper Crane

Shall I make this one into a pie chat too, just for the f*** of it?

tohellandback

maybe your nightmare is the group of words you are using. try to put some more unusual words, or something that has to do with the pie chart that you choose.

goliath72

I would say Pokemon definitely

JIMDAHOUSECAT

Pacman because the values seem more realistic for a hardcore gamer. The pokeball values seem like sleeping is on equal par with gaming however hardcore gamers play video games longer than they do sleep :D

rossmat8

Chartman Pokechart

The Paper Crane
JIMDAHOUSECAT said:

Pacman because the values seem more realistic for a hardcore gamer. The pokeball values seem like sleeping is on equal par with gaming however hardcore gamers play video games longer than they do sleep :D

Totally agree. As this is the point I am trying to get across - hardcore gaming, where all you do is sleep, eat and game. Hence the chosen words - @tohellandback

tohellandback said:

maybe your nightmare is the group of words you are using. try to put some more unusual words, or something that has to do with the pie chart that you choose.

spookylili
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I liked the original one. Between these two I would choose the pacman one because I don't associate pokemon with games but maybe that's just because I'm old :P

The Paper Crane
spookylili said:

I liked the original one. Between these two I would choose the pacman one because I don't associate pokemon with games but maybe that's just because I'm old :P

No not the original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you about pokemon, but then I am old too.

spookylili
3 designs submitted - Score now!

what!? I said I liked the original? no! I hated it! that's what I meant to say :P
and i love this new one!

Milan_
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Thumbs up for the new one!

The Paper Crane

Thanks (feel like I'm getting somewhere now!).

DO YOU THINK IT NEEDS TEETH?

NDTank

Looks great! and I like the title you went with

BeanePod

perfect title

BeanePod

also....linear landscape arrived in the mail a couple of days ago and looks fantastic on the shirt. such an awesome design.

The Paper Crane

Hay thanks Perry. I think you must have bought the last one!

soloyo-collabs

I like the Pokemon the best but instead of gaming maybe fighting or doing battle

The Paper Crane

It's up! Thanks everyone for helping me push this one further.

Pyne

I saw it made the tumblr blog- awesome!

AnthonyMoore

Wow..just seeing now that you decided on a piranha plant! I'm glad you did..Brilliant! Love it.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?