Close
One second...

A way to fix the downvotes/haters/cheaters

I'd like to suggest a system to help to keep the voting fair for designs.

If you're going to give a shirt anything under a 3 (a 1 or 2) you need to either (now this is where there might be a couple options)

1) Have to choose from 4-5 reasons (hard to understand, poor font choices, poor color choices, overall poor artwork, unoriginal idea, etc.) By picking reasons, the staff can see what those choices are and override them if needed.

2) Actually have to write up what you think is wrong with the design.

Basically, you can't vote 1 or 2 unless you give reasons. Only then will the 1 or 2 button light up.

I bet people have asked for something like this in the past. I haven't been very active on Threadless until recently, so I'm sorry if this is a redundant idea. :D

Watch this
Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

It's hard enough having to click a button. Don't make me have to write things too.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
Torakamikaze said:

It's hard enough having to click a button. Don't make me have to write things too.

Manupix
2 designs submitted - Score now!
foodstampdavis said:
Torakamikaze said:

justonescarf
Torakamikaze said:

So what about the other idea?

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I think the number system is outmoded and the rankings should be based on the quality of the Rambo films in descending order. The scoring would look like this:

First Blood

First Blood: Part 2

Rambo

Rambo III

justonescarf
foodstampdavis said:

I think the number system is outmoded and the rankings should be based on the quality of the Rambo films in descending order. The scoring would look like this:

First Blood

First Blood: Part 2

Rambo

Rambo III

Maybe a combo of that and the Rocky movies. For a 1-10 scale. ;)

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

I'd say that making it harder to vote lower will make downvoters and fair voters alike not bother, ..then we'd see a weird scale where the averages are super high, ..I think it's fine as is, ..as the amount of ones are largely ignorable ..sure the average scores are thrown off by them, ..but the staff knows this

queenmob
queenmob profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Since EVERYBODY gets downvoted by mean downvoters, the system stays equally fair for everybody. That is why I never worried about downvoting :-) Does that make sense? I hope so, god I hope so!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Downvoting? i'm more scared of Brown Voting

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!
queenmob said:

Since EVERYBODY gets downvoted by mean downvoters, the system stays equally fair for everybody. That is why I never worried about downvoting :-) Does that make sense? I hope so, god I hope so!

^^^^ my thoughts exactly

JaymeArt

"A way to fix the downvotes/haters/cheaters"

Have electrodes attached to voters keyboards/body part --and reward 'honest' votes with a cookie, and shock them if they vote 'dishonestly' :D

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

whatever changes you make to the voting system, people will always find a way to not care.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

No.

No no no no no no no no.

Nope.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

ummmmmm, no

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I mean seriously. I give most designs a 2 because honestly, most of them are kinda meh. I don't need to explain myself with extra clicks. Do you want me to get carpal tunnel syndrome from just a few pages of subs? Do you hate my wrist?

justonescarf

You are Jack's carpal tunneled wrist.

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

It is just something you have to live with

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
radiomode said:

It is just something you have to live with

Perfecto!

Although you do have some valid ideas, justonescarf, implementing this new system would only increase the number of 3s, 4s and 5s because people are lazy. This would then lead to skewing of the votes towards the higher end of the scale. The problem repeats itself just with different results.

Basically, all you can do as a designer is cross your fingers and hope for the best!

taz-pie

nope.

TimotejNeonski

What about badges? What if threadless introduced a achievement system by putting badges on our profile. Achievements could be positive and negative and amongst them a downvoting badge.

The only reason people keep doing it because its anonimous. The only problem is how to figure out who is downvoting automatically

Donno maybe its a stupid idea. I'm just recently started to be active on threadless

ivanrodero

Oh! this blog again.

vectored_life

Like I've always said "I vote everything a 1 except mine. I vote my stuff as a number 2 because they are the shit!"

No account?
Join Us