Close
One second...

Subbed Designs and Type

Was wondering if there is flexibility of making the type accompanying an image optional when subbing. I recently subbed Vampire of the Sea which features also features text. One of the comments that I got suggested that they liked the drawing, but that I should lose the type. My question is... Can I declare the type as "optional" in the printing instructions the next time I sub a design like this or do I need to sub the two variations separately or maybe side by side in the same sub? Thanks in advance. The link to the design in question is below.

Watch this
Manupix
1 design submitted -
MudgeStudios said:

Can I declare the type as "optional" in the printing instructions

Definitely. Also I agree type ruins this otherwise awesome design! It is not necessary, and using fonts is usually not a good idea.

If using type at all, make it hand-drawn, and make sure it's an integral part of the design.

Check these ;)

Manupix
1 design submitted -

I should have looked at your designs before posting, sorry. You know exactly what you're doing and you're doing it right ;)

Strnks

Great submission MudgeStudios. Really like the idea and execution.

Strnks

But yeah, the type isn't that good.

MudgeStudios
MudgeStudios profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the input. So is it a good idea to make one submission of a design like this which displays a variation with type and a version without? Thanks again.

No account?
Join Us