Close
One second...

Thank you threadless and CUBAN0

PRINTED:

Death Won't Do Us Part

Design by soloyo and CUBAN0

Death Won't Do Us Part

a CUBANO and Soloyo collaboration.
I had the honor to work with so many talented threadless artist and now I add another illustrious name to the already long list of my collab partners. I hit CUBANO with the suggestion of doing a collab with me and after a few e-mails and messages he agreed to do the illustration for my Macabre Wedding Idea.
This is our process blog:
September 3

9/3, Nestor Gomez
About or collab, as much as I want to work with you on a collab. I want it to be an idea that you like and feel 100% ok to work with. Let me know if you still feel that way about teh Dr. Who idea.....
9/3, 11:51am Kyle Cobban
Right. I totally understand. You are usually full of ideas so I was wondering if you have thought of anything else since our last conversation?....September 4

9/4, 10:Nestor Gomez
How about this?
A marriage ceremony between Death http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9-2b6Cb76SI/UWF1iLBqV0I/AAAAAAAAqZw/YRnzzsge0u8/s640/Death+is+not+the+greatest+loss+in+life.jpg
and a mexican calavera
http://favim.com/orig/201102/26/Favim.com-2925.jpg.Death+is+not+the+greatest+loss+in+life.jpg
1.bp.blogspot.com...
9/4, 10:11am Nestor Gomez
http://favim.com/orig/201102/26/Favim.com-2925.jpg....
9/4, 11:41am Kyle Cobban
ooooooo i love this ideaaa.What would you want to call it?....
9/4, 11:43am Nestor Gomez
Death won't do us part....
9/4, 11:47am Kyle Cobban
very cool man.this idea is right up my alley....
9/4, 1:05pm Nestor Gomez
AWESOME!....September 12

9/12, 4:10pm Kyle Cobban
hey man.. im working out a drawing right now for the death won't do us part.. ill send u over some progress soon....
9/12, 4:17pm Nestor Gomez
AWESOME!!!!....
9/12, 5:09pm Kyle Cobban
so heres what i got. I like to work in sections. starting with the focal point (which is the calavera and death). Once this gets goin we can start working out background elements etc.Is this what you were thinking?.....
9/12, 5:18pm Nestor Gomez
is the calavera being carried?I was thinking some sort of traditional weeding picture but with a dark twist, black bucket of flowers, dark cloudy day or night with the background being a cemetery instead of a beach or a park..what you think?
9/12, 5:49pm Kyle Cobban
yea they are basically in an embrace.i can work on the pose.. i was also going to include flowers n all the other details once we work out the pose
9/14, 11:03am Kyle Cobban
ok so i decided to switch up the girl.. i showed some of my friends and they werent too sure she was a bride.I changed the bride and she will be holding a bouquet of black flowers and other things.

From begining

To ETERNITY

PRINTED:

Death Won't Do Us Part

Design by soloyo and CUBAN0

Watch this
moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

I love process blogs. Congrats guys!

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

It looks pretty rad on the purple! :-) Congrats guys!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Looks great on the girls! Such an awesome piece of artwork, congrats both of you!

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

sick design! Congrats to you both!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

nestor it would be cool for you to post your pitches you made to the designers for these prints... so we can see how your original idea turned into this design!

albyletoy
albyletoy profile pic Alumni

Great Collab, Congrats!! :-D

Raulio
Raulio profile pic Alumni

Terrific collab, well deserved guys!

bandy

Congrats! Well deserved

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
Ryder Revolution said:

nestor it would be cool for you to post your pitches you made to the designers for these prints... so we can see how your original idea turned into this design!

Sure dude, I added some info to the blog, check it out.

and Thanks everyone for your awesome comments.

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Awesome job you guys! Well earned print!

soloyo
randyotter3000 said:

What exactly did you do to suck money out of this print

Hey Randy, love your comments they are so You

alternik

Congrats! Great collab, very deserving!!

soloyo
goliath72 said:

It's designs like this tha rare pint worthy and make it difficult for me to catch you buddy!! Congrats again

What are you talking about catching up with me, MR COLLAB OF THE YEAR?

No account?
Join Us