Close
One second...

Just as I was getting comfortable with a design style :-)

By now I guess the community knows how diverse my style is. Some can even say that it's all over the place, which is fine by me. But recently I wanted to try develop a style that I can call my own. It all started from this design (believe it or not) from the Disney challenge.

I was intrigued that I can come up with different tonal values and shapes from the translucent vector triangles on the background, like a watercolor painter would do. This got me all excited and I suddenly been busting out these babies ever since. In addition to this I tried to use zero to very minimal curved vector shapes on each design as a signature and a personal challenge. By the way, each design can consist between 350 - 2,000+ vector layers/shapes.

...then just like that geometric designs similar to this one were suddenly all over the place! I'm not claiming to be the one who invented this style, but I've been in the community for a while now to know that nobody else was doing it here before I was (or maybe I was just unaware). Maybe it's a design trend? I don't know. I also learned that there's an app for this style now. Great! Anyway, I'm in a sort of dilemma whether I will continue with this style or just move on. I would love to hear from you guys. Thanks! :-)

Watch this
ChrisDB

Your work looks great man. You definitely have that geometric vibe going but your high level of refinement really makes it stand apart and above from let's say a bear made of 20 triangles.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I agree with Chris, yours really stands out! The ones I'm tired of seeing are like they use a filter or something, where yours are like a painting using triangles. I'd just keep up with what you're doing and let the trend come and go.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

yeah, i think you're on a totally different level as far as most of the stuff made in a similar fashion. but...having said that, your other stuff is just as rad.

i'd say start exploring and trying something different... cause we all know you are more than capable of exceeding in other styles as well.

personally i'd love to see more stuff like mr. roboto's night on the town...cause that was f'n awesome.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I've seen this style in various iterations becoming more and more popular over the last 2 years, especially on Etsy. And of course it's true, some do it very well, you included, and others... not so much.

I'd say just do whatever you're motivated to do. I too don't like to stick to one style, as I often get bored of one look after a while... but if you're feeling like you've still got places to go with, I say why not?

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

Yup- yours are on a totally different level- and it's not like a difference you have to look for to see- it's like night and day upon first glance. Yours are bad ass.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

The others are painting with numbers , you are making mARTterpieces.(typo intended)

Joe Conde
Joe Conde profile pic Alumni

Wow, thank you very much for the encouraging words. As an artist I can sometimes have a little self-doubt or maybe the competitive spirit comes out and I lose track of why I do these designs...it's because I enjoy it. And I agree that we should continue exploring new avenues and keep on evolving. You guys are awesome! :-)

Christina.A.art

I'm definitely a fan of your work. It's kick ass! Personally some of my favs are The Fawn(love the eyes), Inquisitive Owl, Perched, Our Forest Friends(all animals so cute especially the wolf&raccoon), Squirrel DJ, Geometric T-Rex, & Lying In Wait! I'm a sucker for animal designs & the styling of those pieces are brilliant! Keep em' coming! :)

littlem

lovely works

Joe Conde

much appreciated guys! :-)

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Yep - good quality beets trends any day, no matter what style it is. Keep on trucking.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

nice work. keep confidence

Joe Conde

thank you very much guys! :-)

Rajmotaj

Great works, love the recurring geometry style.

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

I agree with Chris, yours really stands out! The ones I'm tired of seeing are like they use a filter or something, where yours are like a painting using triangles. I'd just keep up with what you're doing and let the trend come and go.

Joe Conde

Thank you very much for the encouraging words everybody! I think I'll just take a break from this style for a while. Anyway, it's still another weapon in my design arsenal ;-)

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

GREAT STYLE! man!

johnnysPeter

Iv been a fan of ur style for a long time. Wicked great!

Joe Conde

thanks guys, much appreciated! :-)

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

awesome style!!!

No account?
Join Us