Close
One second...

I need opinions

Hi,
I need opinions on a sub I'm working on..It's a divesman in the depthy deeps of the ocean.
It started as wanting to make a series from a sub I had a little while ago, ..but with other dangerous professions that require suits (astronaut guy, deep sea diver guy, bomb squadron man, biohazard handler guy etc.)

then for fun, I redrew it less flat and whatevers..
which should I work up and sub? The leftermost? The right? both? ..I ask because I have restricted time these days to be able to work on subs

the left one I plan on having an upside down sea floor as a backdrop
The right one I plan on trying some more experimental colouring techniques

Watch this
Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I am liking both sides pretty equally for different reasons. I say Sub them both as different submissions.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I vote leftermost!

Manupix

Both. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

thegreatbriggs

I'm noob, but fwiw: I like both too, but I'd love to see the right one with the colour and ballerina feet of the left one (needless to say, both are looking cool)

NDTank
NDTank profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I was a huge fan of the Cosmostronaut so I'm partial to the one on the left.

I am intrigued to see what you'd do with the colors on the other one though.

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Definitely a BIG fan of the "leftermost". I'm still waiting for them to say "screw it" and print your Flaming Lips sub! The right one, I'm sure, will be awesome as well.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
macdoodle said:

Definitely a BIG fan of the "leftermost". I'm still waiting for them to say "screw it" and print your Flaming Lips sub! The right one, I'm sure, will be awesome as well.

fuckin' fuck yeah this

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

but i'd really love to see that leftermost one finished as you described

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Haha, thanks guys, ..I think I will work on the most leftern right now, ..and the other when I have a free time block.. I still have a collab or two to squeeze in somewhere as well.

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

I like both the first one as an adult onesie from your original & i'm interested in seeing your color work with the one on the right. I like the angles and motion of the one on the right.

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

This is just a thought but what if you combined them together in one peace 2 deepsea divers

4petessake
Christina.A.art said:

I like both the first one as an adult onesie from your original & i'm interested in seeing your color work with the one on the right. I like the angles and motion of the one on the right.

I agree. Really interested in how you would color the right one and also liking the motion and angles as well. Well said Christina A!

waynem
waynem profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Think the left is definitely the best at the moment, but the right has potential too. I find the arms on that one a bit strange though, particularly the way his left one is kind of bent back - that makes him look like he's in pain, while the legs look much more graceful.

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

I think the left one will work better for a tshirt

that is inappropriate

The right has potential depending on how it is colored to be much more compelling than the left but as they are the left is better. Maybe better is the wrong word, but at the very least more polished.

ivanrodero

The left one is too similar to the one you did for the terror thingy and yes it's awesome, but I've already seen that from you, so the right one intrigues me the most, it will also be the first time I would fancy a tee on that colour.

littlem

i like both for different reasons all the same.

did that make any sense? i hope not.

P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni

If you don't have time for both, I vote left! Really like the idea of a series of these

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
P0ckets said:

If you don't have time for both, I vote left! Really like the idea of a series of these

Yeah, I'm definitely going to at some point either way!

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Left for now, love the style, like what you did for Arcade. The style on right is less offbeat at this stage, but worth a shot too.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I like the proportions of the left one with the teeny tiny feet and long legs and all. Details like that are what makes it stand out and while I admire the more dynamic posing and realistic proportions of the diver on the right, it doesn't feel as unique to me.

Making a series with the simple pose would be nice, it'd make a sweet series of poster prints.

Strnks

I like left. It looks AWESOME! Nice one.

taz-pie

i would wear the left one proudly on my boobs

No account?
Join Us