One second...

This is where I'm from...

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Weirdoboy
Weirdoboy profile pic Alumni

HAHAHA! My favorite is the thief of 42 Kg of Mayo (that's over 90 lbs). Yuck!

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

This is also where I live, not where I am from. :)

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

you can imagine that much mayo must be for some nefarious purpose

Christina.A.art

I love kangaroos haha! :)

& super ick to spiders!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

where are the shrimp on the barbie dolls

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

This is where I'm from...

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

:D I snorted coffee at about "start a bastard" and now I'm doubled over, but wondering if I have ever meat an ugly Austrelian.

melmike

Apparently this possum snuck into a bakery at night and ate so much it couldn't manage to run away when the baker came in.

melmike

Eric Bana before he was famous. He actually lives down the road from me, no joke.

melmike
BlancaJP said:

:D I snorted coffee at about "start a bastard" and now I'm doubled over, but wondering if I have ever meat an ugly Austrelian.

This one's a bit rough on the old eyes... although she is the 6th richest woman in the world, so she's got that.

BlancaJP
1 design submitted -

your really making my day :)

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

This sums up London nicely........

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
mip1980 said:

This sums up London nicely........

ahahah cool

melmike

Dan that egg thing.. have you ever eaten one?

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

FIRE TORNADO!!!!!!!!!

BeanePod

Also, my wife and I keep coming back to the idea of getting out of the US and moving to Australia....but can you get rid of all the funnel web spiders first?

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Australia seems like a cool place.

Where I grew-up:

Where I live now:

BeanePod

Josh, don't you live in Athens? Athens has nothing on the f'd up backwoods people of western NC :)

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Where I live.

Australia looks like an awesome place but man I'd be afraid I'd step on some kind of poisonous animal and die.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
BeanePod said:

Josh, don't you live in Athens? Athens has nothing on the f'd up backwoods people of western NC :)

Ah yes, you got me there. But all I need to do is drive a few miles out of town and I am in the thick of it. North Georgia is pretty much the same as West North Carolina in my summation.

And Tiffany, is that not the American Dream?

Back to Australia, if I lived there I would never work because I would be too fascinated with all the wildlife. I definitely want to visit some day.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

Christopher M

Damn, Australia seems awesome.

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

I'm actually making plans on moving there, just because the idea of ridding a spider to work seems fascinating.

melmike

haha, we don't actually worry or care much about the dangerous stuff, it's not like you see one everyday, (unless you live where the crocs are) but honestly, I can see how it must seem odd for someone who hasn't grown up with them just to tell them, "If you come across a dangerous spider or snake, just go around it."

melmike
goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

HAHA AWESOME!!!

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

I lived in Australia for a year when I was younger. We lived next to a "shark infested bay" so I spent countless hours looking over the water, hoping to see a shark. I never saw one, but I never went in the water either.

School was a culture shock because we had to wear a uniform and they still had the strap. The food in the cafeteria was really good though. I still remember the hotdogs. Shook hands with a kangaroo once.

melmike

Hot dogs? Aw man, we only ever had pies, sausage rolls and salad sandwiches. Uniforms are SO much better than normal clothes for everyone involved. Were you in Queensland?

opifan64

We lived in Sydney. What I loved about the school lunches is that we would get an empty paper bag in the morning that had a menu printed on it. You'd check off what you wanted and write your name on the bag and it would come filled with your order at noon. I don't even like hotdogs that much but these ones were awesome and they came in a crusty roll rather than just a soft hotdog bun.

opifan64

By the end of the year my school mates said I sounded "more Australian" so I guess I was picking up a bit of an accent. I wish I had stayed longer and maybe I would have acquired a full Australian accent instead of my boring Canadian one.

opifan64

I remember loving Paddle Pops too. Do they still sell those? haha. The mascot was a lion I think.

melmike

Yeah, we've still got paddle pops, but they changed the recipe, so they're not what you'd remember.

And the paper bag system, that was pretty damn awesome... Although I'm sure I ate too many chocolate jam donuts in my day. I started in north Qld, but ended up moving to Melb when I was 6. I vividly remember in grade one getting my paper bag one day, but instead of my lunch, there was a cane toad in there!

Also, once, during story time, a carpet python slithered into the classroom behind me, the teacher told us just to "ignore it", and kept reading!

opifan64

haha. I remember singing the Laugh Kookaburra song every day during the morning assembly. Waltzing Matilda was my favourite song though. Sad to hear about the paddle pops. They were good.

I've heard Melbourne is a really cool city.

Manupix
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Only deadly wildlife around here kills by way of smell. Yum!

melmike

oh man, how good does that look!

melmike

My bro-in-law (who's French) brought back some stinky ass cheese from Corsica ... holy shit, talk about pungent.

Manupix
3 designs submitted - Score now!

haha! I don't really know Corsican cheese other than by repute ;)

Twiggyhall
melmike said:

Apparently this possum snuck into a bakery at night and ate so much it couldn't manage to run away when the baker came in.

this is my cat's dream

Also, this blog is awesome :D

thompson98
TheInfamousBaka said:

Where I live.

Australia looks like an awesome place but man I'd be afraid I'd step on some kind of poisonous animal and die.

i live in queensland where most of the sharks are. its not like all animals are on the ground next to you and you have to hop around them. you see some now and then but you usually dont have to watch where you're stepping (except in snake season)

JaymeArt

Nice, I wanna see a koala bear in my garage!

But Ill pass on the spiders O.O

BlancaJP
1 design submitted -

freezing our asses off and avoiding contact with other people since the 12th century

melmike

hahaha! Is that normal behaviour?

Goldendust

The only snakes I've seen since living in aus have been in zoos, but then I've been living in bris/melb CBD so it's not really surprising.

BlancaJP
1 design submitted -
melmike said:

hahaha! Is that normal behaviour?

:D yeah - maybe not so nice and evenly spaced, but yeah Fins really are known for being what could be called antisocial everywhere else. Unless their drunk and I might say they are also known for being drunk, so go figure - a natural reaction in the morning to avoid others ;D

thompson98
heykimby said:

The only snakes I've seen since living in aus have been in zoos, but then I've been living in bris/melb CBD so it's not really surprising.

insee some near my house in the summer. usually dead ones but my mom did see this 10 metre snake while driving. she nearly crashed the car

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

YES!!!! You should try "Balut"

melmike said:

Dan that egg thing.. have you ever eaten one?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us