[SCORING] One Trick Pony

click the image to vote

[update] One Trick Pony

Thanks everyone for helping me find creative commons images (scroll down to the bottom to see the original thread I created)

Ok, so after like 3 hours I found the image that I was going to use for my idea.
This is the picture I found

I then spent a few hours in Photoshop editing and re-drawing elements of the original illustration in order to fit the idea that was brewing in my head.

To finish off the design I used my crap/cheap-ass tablet to add the further elements to the illustration

FINAL SLIDE

Old thread Title

[HELP] finding images without copyright...

Hey All,

I'm currently in the process of starting a new design and I'm currently on the search for a particular image (old style etching).
Does anyone have any tips to find images with no copyright?
I would draw the main image however the execution of the idea would be weaker without a highly detailed etching.
Please help a brother out!

Jimmy
xxx

Watch this
JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni
Jake Friedman said:

I'd start with flickr commons, I'd read more about the legality of using those images here.

Very useful, I'll read up on this when I get back from work :)

Strnks

Anyone know the legality of using source images from stock sites? That might be worth a look?

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

You can also use this Creative Commons Search

Wikipedia, Flickr and Archive are the best sources and remember that anything published before 1923 is considered public domain.

Have fun.

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni

Thanks everyone for you input. I managed to find the image for my latest design. Stay Tuned for my next submission :)

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

Neat lines!

Strnks

Great! Where did you find the source etching?

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Great editing Jimmy. Wicked funny concept to.

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
BeanePod said:
macdoodle said:

Great editing Jimmy. Wicked funny concept to.

agreed, well done

and john..."too"

Y U KILL ENGLISH???

Don't make me bust out my go to "Quantum Leap" video! I'll do it!!

u_u

No account?
Join Us