i am new

i am new to this and have no idea where to start. would like to do a design but dont have any computer soft wear for it, so need some info or any help i can get thanks patfilice

Watch this
vectoredlife

Start with an idea, pencil, and paper

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

you can download a month-long free trial of the entire adobe suite from their website. it's a great way to dive into the software and see which software you prefer to work with before you purchase...

patfilice

where do i get a template of a shirt or hoodie

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

There's a ton of helpful stuff here- just be aware some of the presentation formatting stuff has changed.

P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni

T shirt etc templates here and also some extras here

If you don't have software, you ideally want something that will let you draw in separate layers. If you're using a drawing tablet, or scanning in ink drawings, you could try GIMP (free software, look around on google). If you're drawing using a mouse straight onto the screen, you will probably want to look into vector graphics - Inkscape is a reasonable free option.

Look at the link Pyne shared - and read through it all before you start designing and submitting, it will help you a lot and save you some headaches.

_EffinSweet_
_EffinSweet_ profile pic Alumni

Welcome and Good luck!

patfilice

thank you all for the info, need to do work on my computer to get the templates to work

vectoredlife

You are a liar, you are no longer new! Hahaha I'm kidding.

Just searching for stuff on the internet is always great too for learning and inspiration. Glad we could help you!

No account?
Join Us