Close
One second...

Favorite Tools.

Do you use paint, pencils, earwax, mom's eyeliner?

Personally I carry around a pencil case full of crap but almost always resort to a fine tip micron, prismacolor brush tip markers, a pentel pocket brush, and a red mechanical pencil.

What do you people like making stuff with?

Watch this
PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I love erasable colored pencils and microns, though I only use them for doodling and brain storming. But it's a nice, stress free way to draw. :-) Then of course Photoshop and my Cintiq.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

What do you mean 'you people'?

jk, I use what I assume everyone else uses, a ball point pen filled with my own tears.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

"Mike's Tear Pen" is a popular item at most art stores.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

patent pending

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

Can't go wrong with microns. Where can I get my hands on mikes tear pen, so emotional.

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I used to sketch with a mechanical pencil but I switched back to good 'ole no.2 pencils. Then I ink with my trusty 05 and 08 micron pens. That's all for now. Can't give away all my secrets.

Christina.A.art

I like Photoshop best this mixed media challenge was great one for me to get the creative juices flowing. Most of mine have been sketches then inked to do in photoshop. I created some designs back in the day with just photoshop that I was proud of .. so i'm hoping to do some of them in the future :)

lxromero

Ive heard lots of things about this ADOBE thingy you kids are using these days

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Pentel brush pen is pretty cool, on the rare occasion I'm not potato choppin'

vectored_life
Jayme Art said:

^This. But sometimes I try to remember a sketch book and a mechanical pencil as well. I used to use a .9 mm mechanical pencil to simulate No. 2 pencils but then I lost the pencil and was too lazy to get a new one.

P.S. I could use a regular No. 2 but I like consistency hence using mechanical pencils. Also because there never seems to be a pencil sharpener around when I need one.

lxromero
theillustratorman said:
Jayme Art said:

Also because there never seems to be a pencil sharpener around when I need one.

Just use a knife.

No account?
Join Us