Close
One second...

Where have all the good thread posts gone?

You know like when you would click on a random thread post title and there's nothing but funny goodness inside?

I miss all the great stuff that would turn into pure internet gold.
So, what do ya got?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

reading the titles - vote - help - vote - help - help

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I know right... s'pose I'll just have to art more

taz-pie

fuck noobs is what i say

taz-pie

/jk

taz-pie

srsly

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I love taz. <3

I think fun threads have gone the way of the dodo. Once in a while torasteve will start a random blog, but they don't last like they did in the past.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

the blugs are kinda sluggish.

vanillablue

i also feel like people are going into the help threads a lot to stir shit up and some of the potentially great threads fizzle out really fast.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
vanillablue said:

i also feel like people are going into the help threads a lot to stir shit up and some of the potentially great threads fizzle out really fast.

This. Let's start bumping the good stuff.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I've been busy and stressed out with day job stuff this week. Not much time to goof around here :(

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

I started shopping jeff into everything... Im part of the problem.

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Alumni

Agreed. A lot of butts. Butts happen really fast too.* This is not to say there aren't EVER any lengthy, on-topic discussions but they are certainly few and far between.

*not an invitation to derail this thread with butt jokes.

vectored_life

Visual example of what is not acceptable

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Hold on to your butts

ferfo

Also, all the oldschool bloggers are rarely seen, so yeah :(

have a chimp on a cycle

taz-pie
redhandedjillian said:

Agreed. A lot of butts. Butts happen really fast too.* This is not to say there aren't EVER any lengthy, on-topic discussions but they are certainly few and far between.

WAIT. are you saying there is something wrong with butts??

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
taz-pie said:
redhandedjillian said:

I know this is hypocritical, but I, too, grow weary of the butt-stuff.

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:
redhandedjillian said:

No, no. You misunderstand. I like a good butt. I'll ogle one. I'll point at one. I'll grab one with explicit consent. But it's more of a go-out-there-and-do-it kind of thing, rather than one I read about on the internet. If I can be real, though, it seems like an inside joke that no one (even the ones on the inside) really understands and, like all topical things, they eventually become... not topical.

vectored_life

Although it would be nice to stay on topic sometimes with say WIP blogs or collab stuff.

Also, this:

taz-pie

to be honest, i have no idea what even goes on in here most of the time. i find myself gigglesnorting, but i am often confused.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
redhandedjillian said:
taz-pie said:
redhandedjillian said:

No, no. You misunderstand. I like a good butt. I'll ogle one. I'll point at one. I'll grab one with explicit consent. But it's more of a go-out-there-and-do-it kind of thing, rather than one I read about on the internet. If I can be real, though, it seems like an inside joke that no one (even the ones on the inside) really understands and, like all topical things, they eventually become... not topical.

Word.

And you're all very welcome for that substantive contribution to the discussion.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

Morkki found a good cow.

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Other than bump threads that already exist what else can we do?

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

Throw your nickels into a pond and I will make the next great American blog.

All non-Americans are welcome. However, they may only refer to pants as knickers, cuz this is America, damnit!

Morkki

ONLY...

Morkki

also I don't call them knickers, I call them butt gloves

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

We need a critique section again

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -
soloyo said:

We need a critique section again

Yes! That would eliminate 90% of new threads coming in each day so the real threads could shine through.

Maybe someone could start a critique thread that would be a one-stop for all critiques in the meantime...

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

I try to make random blots but they quickly die

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

what ever you call them apparently

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

if we're all being real here, then I'll let some stuff out.

gif/jeff/joke comments are great, but there was a good substantial conversations to joke comment ratio that's not all that present these days. if no one's offering much to talk about here and all there are are joke comments, then it's a waste of a forum. and I'm all for jokes, but after the billionth gif and the billionth jeff joke without that healthy ratio, it's bound to get tiresome. I got tired of it like a year ago.

there have been some good conversations, but they're in that fb group. I guess with the notification system, people are hoping there's a better chance that conversations will have more activity over there. but I hate going over there to talk when I can do it here. and it makes me annoyed when a topic in the group gets active and full of comments because 1) the comment system on fb is shit if you get more than 5 comments and 2) those people participating in that threadless group are obviously threadless members that can just have a good ol' fashioned blog right here. if you want good blogs, make them. if you want to make them better, contribute. if anyone wants to talk, I challenge them to close their fb tab and start it here. build up that activity.

and I'm not saying substantial conversations as in "let's talk about god." (but if you want to, sure. serious topics are always fun) what I mean is to start threads or offer comments that are either creatively or intellectually stimulating. tora's comments are so good to sit through because he's not looking at a thread and thinking "how can I spin this into a jeff joke?" or "what google image result can best be used as a reply to the last comment?" he makes things people want to build off of.

and to be honest, while getting a new critique section does sound great (I really think it needs to exist) and can weed out some people, promo blogs for subs and critiques will still exist. I make them (and I put them under "general" because I want people to see it :p). what needs to happen is just for people to be active. if all the bloggers that hang out here want more bloggers to come back or even newer ones to start dropping by, then you need to give them a reason to. whether you wanna talk about racial discrimination or what you'd do in a zombie apocalypse or some dumb video you found on youtube. just think before you share it on fb and throw it here. it might not get a lot of activity, but that's how you start something.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
redhandedjillian said:
taz-pie said:
redhandedjillian said:

This actually makes me somehow feel better about life. Half the time in the joke threads I have absolutely no idea what anyone is saying, I always figured it was just me being insufficiently with it.

Mike - word. It's true that recently I've been commenting and interacting with threadpeeps more over in the Threaddies group or in personal messages. But it's a kind of vicious circle I guess. There is no fun blog content so we don't come on, we don't come on so there's no fun blog content. I dunno how these things work. I've certainly had periods in the past when it felt this blog was my LIFE.

Morkki

if you want good blogs, make them. if you want to make them better, contribute. if anyone wants to talk, I challenge them to close their fb tab and start it here. build up that activity.

This is it, this is always it. Less moaning, more doing.

But I have to say (again) that the forum needs structure and order. A good forum shouldn't be a shouting contest for attention. Nobody should feel the need to post their art in the wrong place just to be seen. The general tab should be there for the people who come here just to chat. They should be able to easily filter out all the promotion and critique and focus on the buttz and jefz if they want to. And as annoying as the onslaught of PLS HALP may be, they have the right to be here. But I'd rather not sift through them to find a potatochop lulz blog.

Also if anyone finds (for example) my random jokes and doodlings confusing, don't worry. Sometimes there just isn't a concept!

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Wait. There's a FB group?

Goldendust
mike bautista said:

gif/jeff/joke comments are great, but there was a good substantial conversations to joke comment ratio that's not all that present these days. if no one's offering much to talk about here and all there are are joke comments, then it's a waste of a forum. and I'm all for jokes, but after the billionth gif and the billionth jeff joke without that healthy ratio, it's bound to get tiresome. I got tired of it like a year ago.

there have been some good conversations, but they're in that fb group. I guess with the notification system, people are hoping there's a better chance that conversations will have more activity over there. but I hate going over there to talk when I can do it here. and it makes me annoyed when a topic in the group gets active and full of comments because 1) the comment system on fb is shit if you get more than 5 comments and 2) those people participating in that threadless group are obviously threadless members that can just have a good ol' fashioned blog right here. if you want good blogs, make them. if you want to make them better, contribute. if anyone wants to talk, I challenge them to close their fb tab and start it here. build up that activity.

and I'm not saying substantial conversations as in "let's talk about god." (but if you want to, sure. serious topics are always fun) what I mean is to start threads or offer comments that are either creatively or intellectually stimulating. tora's comments are so good to sit through because he's not looking at a thread and thinking "how can I spin this into a jeff joke?" or "what google image result can best be used as a reply to the last comment?" he makes things people want to build off of.

and to be honest, while getting a new critique section does sound great (I really think it needs to exist) and can weed out some people, promo blogs for subs and critiques will still exist. I make them (and I put them under "general" because I want people to see it :p). what needs to happen is just for people to be active. if all the bloggers that hang out here want more bloggers to come back or even newer ones to start dropping by, then you need to give them a reason to. whether you wanna talk about racial discrimination or what you'd do in a zombie apocalypse or some dumb video you found on youtube. just think before you share it on fb and throw it here. it might not get a lot of activity, but that's how you start something.

Mike sums up my feels

vanillablue
mike bautista said:

So many good points. If we moved the Threaddies FB discussions to the blogs it also gives new members a chance to interact and get more involved. I can't even imagine how intimidating it is for a new community member coming to the forums. Things get so cliquey here and I say this even as a staff member. It took me over a year to get comfortable enough to start commenting on threads.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

I think i've noticed a lot of the older alums and bloggers being more supportive lately to new members... i try not to make fun of people so much... it's tough when people are rude/complaining though... and i'm trying to adjust my personality to not be so critical of people's work. it's been a struggle but i think i'm making progress

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

what a good blog this is.

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -

All great and valid points since my last comment.

I wonder if it's a possibility to have a critique tab just like general, art & design, tips & tricks, etc. And if people don't apply the proper tab before clicking post then maybe staff would filter the new threads that pertain to these areas into these tabs. Would this make for a better forum experience? Not just for those looking for critiques, comments and help but for all.

This fix could possibly encourage people to come back for the fun stuff instead of being on Facebook.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

I'm going to go and make a serious blog about families.

JaymeArt

vanillablue said: I can't even imagine how intimidating it is for a new community member coming to the forums. Things get so cliquey here and I say this even as a staff member. It took me over a year to get comfortable enough to start commenting on threads.

Indeed. I noticed that atmosphere when I came here. It seems like it would be intimidating and scary for newbies to show their work -- when some seemed to have such fun tearing it apart. There's a difference between a helpful, honest critique and being unnecessarily mean for laughs.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I am still intimidated by Mike; he's an intimidating guy.

Twiggyhall

Hey guys!!! Wanna see my bu....oh wait....

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Maybe we all could do a thing where we each make a new blog once a week about something. Whether it's art, sharing a video or something completely random.

Can we delete blogs yet? I like to keep mine tidy and not being able to do so drives me bananas.

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -
TheInfamousBaka said:

Maybe we all could do a thing where we each make a new blog once a week about something. Whether it's art, sharing a video or something completely random.

Can we delete blogs yet? I like to keep mine tidy and not being able to do so drives me bananas.

I like this idea. It's time to take the blogs back to a time of fun and enjoyment.

I'm just like you in that regard! I tried yesterday to delete some of mine and it still doesn't work.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us