Close
One second...

Plumbing terms that sound dirty to me...and apparently to some folks too :-)

I came a cross these terms while designing a plumbing brochure. Is it just me or these terms sound dirty? Maybe this is why many porn movies use plumbing themes, hahaha.



The following are REAL terms plumbers use:


Angular Discharge Tube
Backflow
Back Flow Preventer
Back Siphonage
Ball Check Valve
Ballcock
Blowbag
Cleanout Plug
Closet Bend
Cock
Coupling
Dip Tube
Direct Tap
Discharge Tube
Female Fitting
Finish Plumbing
Float Ball
French Drain
Gas Cock
Horizontal Run
Johnni-bolts
Knockout Plug
Lock Nut
Male Threads
Malleable Fittings
Multi-Stage Pump
Nipple
O-Ring
Packing Nut
Pipe Dope
Plumber's Putty
Reamer
Rigid Pipe
Rim Holes
Self-Rimming Sink
Service Entrance
Stack
Stand Pipe
Thermocouple

Watch this
BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

She i was replacing the guts to one of our toilets I purposely purchased a brass ballcock just so I could take a pic and send to friends saying something like I had brass ball cocks. I'm an idiot and I'm totally fine with that.

Manupix

What's french about a french drain

is what i need to know

Twiggyhall
Manupix said:

What's french about a french drain

is what i need to know

omg a co-worker actually explained this to some of us at happy hour a couple of weeks ago

I still can't tell you what one actually is, though

lol

Manupix
Twiggyhall said:

omg a co-worker actually explained this to some of us at happy hour a couple of weeks ago

I still can't tell you what one actually is, though

lol

O.o

Maybe I should do happy hour more :S

Also it pretty much looks like a drain, according to the glougles.

Manupix

I thought Annie would be in here by how.

Manupix

now!

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

My hubs is a plumber and I write up invoices/proposals for him- lots of giggles.

My favorite though is a general construction product:

We built our house and this was one of the things I was in charge of- which led to sentences like "I need you to go around and plug all the holes you see with fire caulk."

I'm pretty sure behavior like that is how one gets fire caulk to begin with ;)

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Do French drains love expensive wines a cheeses?

Joe Conde
Joe Conde profile pic Alumni
BeanePod said:

She i was replacing the guts to one of our toilets I purposely purchased a brass ballcock just so I could take a pic and send to friends saying something like I had brass ball cocks. I'm an idiot and I'm totally fine with that.

Hmmm, brass! Those are some fancy ballcocks alright! hahaha

Manupix
BeanePod said:

Do French drains love expensive wines a cheeses?

Only the best for our beloved drains. Also snail jam and frog legs baguette sandwiches.

Joe Conde
Joe Conde profile pic Alumni
Pyne said:

My hubs is a plumber and I write up invoices/proposals for him- lots of giggles.

My favorite though is a general construction product:

We built our house and this was one of the things I was in charge of- which led to sentences like "I need you to go around and plug all the holes you see with fire caulk."

I'm pretty sure behavior like that is how one gets fire caulk to begin with ;)

Yeah me too, I couldn't keep a straight face while typing in those terms on that brochure I was designing! Fire caulk, hahaha.

littlem
Manupix said:

I thought Annie would be in here by how.

i've had a busy day.

and HOW DARE YOUUUU, SIR????

I NEVERRRR

Manupix
littlem said:

i've had a busy day.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

littlem
Manupix said:
littlem said:

i've had a busy day.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

haha!

[+duracell-]

Protip: folks, don't use wax toilet gaskets mkay, use these here sani seal gaskets. Loads better. Also, don't completly caulk the bottom toilet edge where it meets tile. Leave a little gap in the back so when your shitty wax gasket does fail, you'll get a little trickle of water telling you instead of a soaked/rotting subfloor. Also, if your toilet bolts ever start to loosen, tighten them up properly you idiot. Rocking toilets equal cracked tile/water damage.

the more you know. ......*

Jake Friedman

Self-Rimming Sink has got to be the greatest thing I've read this month.

Twiggyhall
Manupix said:
Twiggyhall said:

omg a co-worker actually explained this to some of us at happy hour a couple of weeks ago

I still can't tell you what one actually is, though

lol

O.o

Maybe I should do happy hour more :S

Also it pretty much looks like a drain, according to the glougles.

Dang....I wish we could happy hour together!!!

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

that's one damn sexy plumber, hope he didn't give that woman that wound she's got running down the length of her back.

and those terms... LOL

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

that's one damn sexy plumber, hope he didn't give that woman that wound she's got running down the length of her back.

and those terms... LOL

No account?
Join Us