Close
One second...

The Day the Cookies Crumbled SCORING NOW. Nikoby's Sesame Street Process Blog

Up for voting now! Click here to vote!

Process
-

Working on a comic book style design for the sesame street contest. UFO Cookies invading the street. That is all for now.

cookie aliens! :O

next cookie monster enters the scene. This one is before the inking so you can see what I work from. I use x's to indicate what should be black.

now inked. Now two more small panels on this side and then a new page with one splash page for the back of the shirt. Hope I get this done in time...

Got the first page finished and scanned in! I scan the drawing in at a high resolution in grayscale (1600 DPI) and then bring it into photoshop to mess around with the levels. I make adjustments until the drawing is almost entirely black and white pixels (I try to remove as many grayscale pixels as possible). Then I make it a bitmap (threshold 50%) to know for sure there will be no gray pixels in the design. Then I resize the drawing to what I want (300dpi is usually good) and then convert back to grayscale and then RGB.

Made some adjustments to make it more cohesive (for example, I moved up the third vertical panel to cookie monster's head would overlay the previous panel above it. I thought it might add to the flow of the drawing). If anyone is interested, I could show some of the tools I was using to make this.

Pencils for the back, on to the inking!

Finished inking, scanning, and touch ups for the back side of the shirt design. ON TO COLORING!

Updated the text Finished the coloring for the front, still working on the back. And here it is mocked up:

What do you all think? Does it need something else, is something not working?

Finished the back, any thoughts? And here it is on the back:

Any final changes I should make before I sub this bad boy?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

Me love alien cookies! Awesome!

Monkey X
Monkey X profile pic Alumni

Wow insane work!

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

Coloring update BUMP. What do you all think of the colors? Need anything? Any suggestions. Also, I am trying to come up with a title, any ideas?

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

this is great, im not crazy about the font, I use kid cosmic or jack Armstrong for my comics, they are classic.

nikoby

You talking about the "cookies?" one? I wrote that by hand, but Im not crazy about it either. I'll check out your suggestions.

chuck p comics

yes sorry, the cookies? one, and name.....maybe cookie monster: year one.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Incredible and looks great on the shirt!

Oh, and because he is reminiscent of Clint Eastwood, The Good, the Bad, and the Cookies :P

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

fuk me this is stellar... but, yeah do something different with that font.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

The Day the Cookies Crumbled?

theareohbee

A lot of well deserved praise here.Thank you for showing your process. That last panel looks as though it will be able to stand alone. Your concept and execution is COOKIES!

el_mazca

One does not simply makes an amazing sub... Hahaha! It's great!

el_mazca

Name idea (kinda silly i guess): "Plan cookie from outter space" or "plan nine from cookie space"

melmike

The day the cookies crumbled... brilliant.

el_mazca

"Plan 123 from sesame street"?

Goto75
Goto75 profile pic Alumni

I said it before - but this is a winner.

Kudaman

looks even great with colors. winner!

Monkey X
Monkey X profile pic Alumni
Pyne said:

The Day the Cookies Crumbled?

Great title!

I also suggest a different handlettering for Cookies. I prefer a black and white design on a black shirt, with just a touch of blue for the cookiemonster (maybe green for Oscar and red for Elmo).

nikoby

Thanks everyone. I think I am going to go with "The Day the Cookies Crumbled" (Thanks Pyne!) :) I also redid the front speech bubble typography. This is the last update before I sub, any last thoughts?

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Nothing to contribute besides telling you that you are amazing. Love how this turned out! Those poor cookies, ahaha.

Manupix
Monkey X said: I prefer a black and white design on a black shirt

^ this

chuck p comics

sub it dude! and wiiiiin!

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

Wow I'm amazed!

alternik

Awesome!! I'll be on the look out to hit the $ button! and loved the title :D

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

what if you added the alien cookies eyes in the first scene inside the ufo or like half the eyes .... when they are getting ready to descend onto sesame street

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

WOWOWOWOWOWOW ! AMAZING

I think you should make 2 tees instead of 1.... Don't you think?? That's a print for sure.

nikoby

Thanks Everyone!

nikoby
Manupix said:
Monkey X said: I prefer a black and white design on a black shirt

^ this

Thanks for the suggestion, when I first started coloring, I had this look. It just didn't look complete.

speakerine

You are guuuud

nikoby
Christina.A.art said:

what if you added the alien cookies eyes in the first scene inside the ufo or like half the eyes .... when they are getting ready to descend onto sesame street

There are crosshatches in the first panel to imply that. I know its hard to see on such a small screen shot!

nikoby
speakerine said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOW ! AMAZING

I think you should make 2 tees instead of 1.... Don't you think?? That's a print for sure.

I did consider that, I'll leave it up to Threadless/Sesame Street to decide on that if they do want to print it.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I keep seeing the chocolate chips on the cookies as holes. That could be just me, though. Otherwise the coloring and all is ace!

speakerine
Morkki said:

I keep seeing the chocolate chips on the cookies as holes. That could be just me, though. Otherwise the coloring and all is ace!

me too. maybe iinstead of black, use a dark brown for the shadow of the chips?

nikoby

Already subbed it :/

ourgraphicfaith

Your artwork is BRILLIANT and INTENSE. THIS WILL PRINT!

nikoby

Thanks Abby!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

I HOPE IT PRINTS !

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

And thats how the cookie crumbles.

melmike

My range of emotions if this doesn't print...

shock denial sadness anger resolve . . . .

I'm Jim Carrey in this dramatization.

nikoby

Thanks guys!

Mike, thanks bro I feel ya

nikoby

bump

goliath72

Me want cookie shirt

nikoby

Thanks Daniel! Bump. Need more comments and votes on my design!

goliath72

Wish I could vote more then once

speakerine

buuuump

MudgeStudios
MudgeStudios profile pic Alumni
9 designs submitted - Score now!

Hope this design is printed in time to order a couple tees to give out as Christmas presents. Well done Nikoby!

nikoby

bump

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?